• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Motion is raised. Does anyone second the IP ban of logatroll/logables

Status
Not open for further replies.

XD40-OD

Campaign Veteran
I come here for information, insight and common thinking citizens.

Every thread that Logtard is in, is a complete waste of my time.

Do I hear a second?

jpm84092

I hate to be a dissenting voice, but the Second Amendment to the US Constitution is a guarantee to insure the First Amendment is not abridged. Trolls are "OBOMA"nable, but must be tolerated.

MKEgal

Two points in rebuttal, Jim:

1) The troll isn't contributing, just causing trouble.
Same as walking up to people on the street & shouting at them, or following them around & contradicting everything they say, or saying things in person just to start a fight.

2) This is not a gov't forum, so technically we don't have rights here.
Not that either Mike or John is likely to actually restrict us much in what we talk about, but they could go well beyond the rules in place now.
If they chose to ban the troll, as well as any other accounts from that IP address (or however they figure that), they could, for any reason or no reason other than "we want to".

Last edited:

oak1971

I hate to be a dissenting voice, but the Second Amendment to the US Constitution is a guarantee to insure the First Amendment is not abridged. Trolls are "OBOMA"nable, but must be tolerated.

The man who owns this forum can do as he pleases with his own property. Want free speech? Try the public square.

XDFDE45

attachment.php

Tom Maassen

Yep. On my ignore list, though, so I don't really care.

hehehe same here, however the "this post is blocked because user is on your ignore list" message is the only thing logables has ever posted that didn't make me want to bash my head into the wall.

I've noticed consistency for the first time. Before, logables would just post whatever was exactly opposite of the thread. If the thread said "it's sunny outside", I'm sure logables would have something contradictory to say about it.

I'm on the ban wagon here.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Go Figure....

I'm on the ban wagon here.
That's good, Tom. Now the final nail in his coffin is to avoid commenting on any post that references him(I broke my own rule here just to congratulate you). The problem is that some of the DRAMA QUEENS on this forum won't ignore a troll because they ENJOY their presence... go figure. :question:

logables

Report me all you want. Fact is, you are the worst member of this forum I have seen since my two months of reading, networking, learning.

The real facts are that because I do not care for the so called const carry is a big reason I get attacked. Because I support the new CC bill completely, because I support the Wisconsin governing body, because I support the DNR are all other reasons I am attacked. I will continue to support the above as long as x amount of posters here continue to complain and cry and bash the above. My opinion

Outdoorsman1

Tough call....

I would love to meet it face to face to discuss it's "opinions", and would favor drooping the ban hammer....

On the other hand, free speech is free speech no matter where... I do agree that this is a privately owned and operated website and the administrators can do as they see fit, so I guess it is their call.

As I have commited myself to not reply directly to any of it's posts (Ingore being the next step) I think if we ALL do the same it would move on to another site.

Finally, there is a president that limits free speech (as in not yelling fire in a crowded building) so I say ban the little piss ant...

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

That's good, Tom. Now the final nail in his coffin is to avoid commenting on any post that references him(I broke my own rule here just to congratulate you). The problem is that some of the DRAMA QUEENS on this forum won't ignore a troll because they ENJOY their presence... go figure. :question:

+1

Outdoorsman1

logables

Tough call....

I would love to meet it face to face to discuss it's "opinions", and would favor drooping the ban hammer....

On the other hand, free speech is free speech no matter where... I do agree that this is a privately owned and operated website and the administrators can do as they see fit, so I guess it is their call.

As I have commited myself to not reply directly to any of it's posts (Ingore being the next step) I think if we ALL do the same it would move on to another site.

Finally, there is a president that limits free speech (as in not yelling fire in a crowded building) so I say ban the little piss ant...

Outdoorsman1

So which President of the United States has limited your free speech, I would be very interested in knowing that little tidbit. My opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.