• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

moved to KY

mike m

imported post

I have a LTC from IN. now that i live in ky with KY D.L. am I allowed to still conceal or am i shafted and have to wait 6 mos. to get my ccdw and open carry any help??

I posted this in a different forum also, sorry about that it was an after thought that it would prob. get better results in KY forum.

TrueBrit

imported post

mike m wrote:
I have a LTC from IN. now that i live in ky with KY D.L. am I allowed to still conceal or am i shafted and have to wait 6 mos. to get my ccdw and open carry any help??

I posted this in a different forum also, sorry about that it was an after thought that it would prob. get better results in KY forum.

Mike, the short answer from me is that I do not know for sure!

I would THINK that your IN LTC should remain valid, irrespective of your new state of residence, and, since KY recognises all other states permits, CC should be OK.

But IANAL!

Maybe check out the KC3 website, and enquire of James Hall. A very gracious and knowledgeable gentleman, he will certainly be able to advise you.

BTW, welcome to Kentucky, Sir!

TrueBrit.

teknoid

imported post

mike m wrote:

I believe you have to wait 6 months. There may be a shortcut, though. How long would it take to get a non-resident Indiana permit? Reciprocity would cover you in KY until you can get your CCDW.

Just a thought.