• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving to NC

fjpro2a

I will be moving to the Cornelius, Davidson, Huntersville area early next year. Can I do some research to find out where there are some open carry groups that meet now and then in this general area? It would truly be an honor to meet some of you guys and gals.

Jamesm760

I will be moving to the Cornelius, Davidson, Huntersville area early next year. Can I do some research to find out where there are some open carry groups that meet now and then in this general area? It would truly be an honor to meet some of you guys and gals.

We welcome you to NC! The only meets we have done nearest to you were in Concord. We had a couple meets with decent sized groups but then people slowly started to fade away one by one... Maybe they didn't like the food, location, time, days, not sure... Or maybe life events were preventing them from getting together with like minded people. There is however, a meet in Kernersville, NC every month but that might be a bit too far for you. 6-10 people usually show up to that one. I haven't had time to start up the meets in the Mecklenburg area again due to being busy with work, but if someone wants to get the ball rolling I'm in for some meets.
:banana:

fjpro2a

Thanks

Thanks Jamesm760 - I will be sure to follow up as my moving day gets closer. Once I am in NC, I will also get actively involved in setting up "meets." Can't wait.

papa bear

Welcome to NC, check out GRNC when you get here. mostly a CC group, but they do help

i will try to get you the link to a meet up site, that has open carriers on it.

there is also a meet up in Kernersville the first friday of the month