• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving to sc

jsm7977

Good afternoon gentleman,

I am seriously contemplating moving to SC for work from the crappy state of MD. As Im sure youre all well aware of MDs horrendous gun laws and impossibility to obtain a CC permit, I am asking for your help with how the gun laws "really are" in SC regarding how difficult it "really" is to obtain a CC permit. Ive never been convicted of any crime, valid DL, US citizen, no mental disabilities, etc. Please note that when I move there I will have to rent a home and how will that affect the CC permit process?

Thank you in advance,

Jeremy

John Canuck

Good afternoon gentleman,

I am seriously contemplating moving to SC for work from the crappy state of MD. As Im sure youre all well aware of MDs horrendous gun laws and impossibility to obtain a CC permit, I am asking for your help with how the gun laws "really are" in SC regarding how difficult it "really" is to obtain a CC permit. Ive never been convicted of any crime, valid DL, US citizen, no mental disabilities, etc. Please note that when I move there I will have to rent a home and how will that affect the CC permit process?

Thank you in advance,

Jeremy

You should have no problem. As soon as you get into your rental start getting your address changed and get your SC drivers license. Go take the silly, I mean highly valuable CWP course and get your application in ASAP. Word is SLED is getting better but they've been taking more than 90 days to get permission slips out. What part of the state are you moving to?

RK3369

Cwp

I think it will be easier if you do get a SC DL. Of course to do that, you will have to surrender your MD license. I wanted to keep my NY license when I moved here and SC DMV said, nope. Once you have the DL as mentioned, take the CWP class, then get your application into SLED. I took the class last year in April, took me almost 4 months to get the permit back, but I hear it is getting a little quicker. Maybe only like 3 months or so now from what I hear at the range I go to.