• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mug shot of Tucson shooter

Oldeye

Mug shot

This guy is definitly demented.
It's a real problem that we all face and must be ready
to deal with at all times. Sorry for the families of the dead
and the wounded. I am also sorry for having to waste untold
amount of public funds to defend, feed and house this criminal.
I wish one of us was there to take him out before he did
so much damage. If at least a few of the people around
the Congresswoman had a side arm... Just too bad.

Take care!

Sonora Rebel

This guy is definitly demented.
It's a real problem that we all face and must be ready
to deal with at all times. Sorry for the families of the dead
and the wounded. I am also sorry for having to waste untold
amount of public funds to defend, feed and house this criminal.
I wish one of us was there to take him out before he did
so much damage. If at least a few of the people around
the Congresswoman had a side arm... Just too bad.

Take care!

I was about 3 miles west of that location, heading west on Ina Rd (opposite direction) when I got a phone call informing me of the shooting. About that time I saw a TPD cruiser and Pima County SUV with their lights on going eastbound at a fast rate. I was armed with my 1911 and 3 mags. I had an immediate pang of... 'what if'... ? I had no idea how bad it was 'til I got home (40 min. later) and turned on the tube. I thought just Giffords had been shot up to that time. I feel kind'a guilty for not being there. I might have been able to do something. It's my nature. 'Been thinkin' about that ever since that Saturday morning. Grimly i might add.

sudden valley gunner

His ex girlfriend thinks he is not a nut, that it is all an act even his actions in school and otherwise. She thinks all of this is premeditated. Of course she could be a nut she did date him. Hmmm.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
His ex girlfriend thinks he is not a nut, that it is all an act even his actions in school and otherwise. She thinks all of this is premeditated. Of course she could be a nut she did date him. Hmmm.

If he is not a nut, then Occam's Razor suggests in the strongest possible terms that he is an agent provocateur.

The only sane person who would commit such an act is a statist of the highest order. Someone willing to sacrifice the lives others and their own rectitude to enhance the power of the state -- someone who would commit murder to advance a cause they felt worthwhile -- and the only cause this could reasonably be expected to advance is the statist one.

Personally, I'm inclined to suspect that he's just a nut. But nothing would surprise me these days.

rushcreek2

This happened in Arizona. Present were a federal judge, a congresswoman and her staff comprising the 20 victims, plus at least several more in close proximity - not counting the "SAFE" (?)way , and Walgreen customers. It is my understanding that only one person present admits to having been armed - the guy exiting Walgreens. It's even possible that some of those shot may have been armed, but there is a muzzle on any information one way or the other. Others may have been armed but were not (wisely) volunteering that fact to authorities. This may be the first mass-shooting incident NOT OCCURING IN A GUN-FREE-ZONE.

This was an ANARCHIST act of terror intentionally directed against conventional expectations and wisdom. There is probably evidence of sympathy - if not advocacy for the "anarchist" philosophy. Loughner didn't just "lose it", or "fall through the cracks". or "flip-out". He planned something like this for at least 3 months. He is a narcistic anarchist - who inflicted horrible pain and suffering, and death - and then complained to his tacklers " Your hurting my arm."

When more facts come out - I predict: That he has been the target of bullying and ridicule in our failed public school system, followed by drug abuse, violent mental conditioning through video games, and movies, perhaps instances of animal cruelty, disrespect shown to everyone ESPECIALLY his parents. There will be evidence disclosed of an observable pathology that has been progressing for years.

This guy was suicidal, and lashing out at society in what was intended to be his last act of defiance. This was not some normal "nice kid" who suddenly turned into a monster the day he turned 21 and could buy a handgun - and a 30 rd mag isn't typically considered standard equipment for holstered self-defense carry.

Last edited:

rushcreek2

Agreed - he is a nut-case. He is also a political assassin, an indiscriminate mass murderer, and a terrorist by definition because his actions have instilled terror in the public mind.

eye95

Agreed - he is a nut-case. He is also a political assassin, an indiscriminate mass murderer, and a terrorist by definition because his actions have instilled terror in the public mind.

Terrorists are motivated by the creations of terror. This nut-job was acting for his own selfish ends, whatever those crazy ideas were.

To call him a terrorist diminishes the power of the word, and misapplication of terminology leads to sloppy thinking and ridiculous conclusions that sound thoughtful.

Note: I am not saying that your thinking is sloppy and unthoughtful. Your misuse of the term "terrorist" will cause others to pick up on the misusage and come to silly conclusions.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Terrorists are motivated by the creations of terror. This nut-job was acting for his own selfish ends, whatever those crazy ideas were.

To call him a terrorist diminishes the power of the word, and misapplication of terminology leads to sloppy thinking and ridiculous conclusions that sound thoughtful.

Note: I am not saying that your thinking is sloppy and unthoughtful. Your misuse of the term "terrorist" will cause others to pick up on the misusage and come to silly conclusions.

I agree with eye95 here. Also, I doubt "ANARCHISM" has much to do with this. There are as many if not more anarchists whose code of morals (which they obey over the law) would prohibit this, and many further still who would recognize that such an act is guaranteed to enhance the power of and support for the state.

Personally, I'm inclined to suspect that a majority of violent acts caused by "anarchists" have actually been false-flag operations. There has never been an "anarchist" bombing or shooting or whatnot that has failed to enhance the power of and support for the state. And this result seems childishly simple to predict.

Of course, I still think that this most recent nut was just that, a nut.

Last edited:

jrclen

In my uneducated opinion this guy was not an anarchist, not a political assassin, and not a terrorist. Unlike the blathering of the local Sheriff, I don't think this was a political act at all. I think the guy is a wack job. Plain and simple. Not insane, just plain goofy.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
The line between Genius and Insanity is drawn almost exclusively by those who comprehend neither.

Genius does not denote Good.

I'm still leaning towards False Flag, because the 'crazy' is too rehearsed, and fits the profile of what the TV is always telling us crazy is.

Real Crazy doesn't make this much sense.

rushcreek2

I don't share the concern that some of us may lack sufficient English literacy to enable us to ascertain whether or not we perceive "terror" in the aftermath of any criminal act.

If Loughner were brought up on an additional charge of "engaging in an individual act of terrorism" -I would vote to convict, but then I am not restrained by the narrow geo-political definition of "terrorism" adhered to by most.

We are going to have to deal with the evolving reality that the "face" of terrorism may not always evidence the existence of an organized network of conspirators- or "sanity". We should also be cautious not to classify acts of terrorism based upon simple numerical factors such as number of actors, number of victims, or whether our conditioned expectations have been met regarding what constitutes an act of terror.

I'm not interested in having the last word on this one. I have a pressing schedule trying to keep up with my back-log of other equally silly, and mistaken conclusions that I must arrive at before the sun sets.

eye95

I don't share the concern that some of us may lack sufficient English literacy to enable us to ascertain whether or not we perceive "terror" in the aftermath of any criminal act.

If Loughner were brought up on an additional charge of "engaging in an individual act of terrorism" -I would vote to convict, but then I am not restrained by the narrow geo-political definition of "terrorism" adhered to by most.

We are going to have to deal with the evolving reality that the "face" of terrorism may not always evidence the existence of an organized network of conspirators- or "sanity". We should also be cautious not to classify acts of terrorism based upon simple numerical factors such as number of actors, number of victims, or whether our conditioned expectations have been met regarding what constitutes an act of terror.

I'm not interested in having the last word on this one. I have a pressing schedule trying to keep up with my back-log of other equally silly, and mistaken conclusions that I must arrive at before the sun sets.

All violent crimes have an effect of terror, so are all violent criminals terrorists? Of course not. Let's not define terrorism down.