• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mug shot of Tucson shooter

Fallschirjmäger

This is a link

0110-jared-lee-loughner-bn-credit.jpg

Fallschirjmäger

I don't think you can be considered sane and commit murder. But, that doesn't mean you can't understand the difference between 'right' and 'wrong'. Merely from the comments he's made, I think it can be deduced that even he understood that what he was about to do wasn't considered the norm.

Deanimator

He looks like one of the Tobasco sauce chugging "Observers" from "Fringe":
fringe_observer-thumb-330x306-18229.jpg
Somewhere, a village in an alternate universe is missing its idiot.

Last edited:

Huck

This guy is either COMPLETELY crackers, or he's playing the "insanity plea" card VERY hard...

Insanity pleas may result in a "innocent by reason of insanity" finding in court but it's a certainty that you'd wind up in a nut house locked up in a rubber room for the rest of your life.

Dieselcrawler

Was there no security detail? Was there no armed citizens? How did this guy do what he did, and not get shot himself?
This happening makes it that much harder... a lifelong friend of mine is now of the opinion that all Glocks are bad... never mind that I carry one. The fact that I don't have a 30 round mag for it doesn't matter... all should be banned.
Lets call it what it is, a nut fell through the cracks, and got away with an something terrible. Could the parents have done a better job? Could the collage he was asked to leave have reported the incident to someone? Would that have helped? So meny possible actions could have been taken, but it's all after the fact. But situations like this reinforce why I carry. Every day, every place I can.

eye95

The guy was a nut. There was nothing that could have been done to prevent this kind of thing from happening short of creating a police state. The downside of Liberty is that bad guys sometimes do their bad stuff. In a free society, sometimes proaction is not possible and reaction is all we have.

JollyLBK

A guy I work with was recently in a class at Pima Community college with this lunatic. He said that the shooter is definitely not playing with a full deck.