• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My first LEO stop today.

va_tazdad

Would you expect anything else from the union?

So they think it might give bad publicity??? And???? What does that have to do with you and your personal actions on personal time in a public place. Where do they think their authority comes from to tell you what you can and can't do out in public? We all have opinions, but we can't go around forcing them on others against their will. I say if you feel comfortable carrying...then do it.

I congratulate you on the encounter and would hope you do not knuckle under to CWA’s demand that you leave yourself open to harm just for them.

As a former member of CWA, I found them to be useless in ALL situations.

CWA will NOT do anything for you unless you are a drug addict, alcoholic or a screw up. (like most unions)

You do not sound like any of those.

Shovelhead

UPDATE!!:

CWA and Verizon have come to an agreement and I will return to work on Tuesday!

The return to work is based on an agreement to bargin properly in the future and not "stonewall" the procedings as the company representitives have done thus far.

The customer that I service has not had a company rep on site since we walked.
They are EXTREMELY happy that we are back.

Baked on Grease

I am starting to get tired now... Withthese storms I have been working 12 hour days for 3 weeks, and have't had a day off in nearly two... Seems like I am set this week to get a whole months pay in one week of work... Verizon might be considering extending the service emergency into next week too. I personally think they just want to decrease the workload as much as possible in case we go on strike again... I have been doing to many first time new installs for a "service emergency", which is supposed to be repairs, not installs.

Sent using tapatalk

Baked on Grease

As an aside, I if we do go on strike again iwill be OCing, and if asked to leave I will give the union president the choice, does he want me on the line or not? Be cause my little friend comes with me everywhere, asking him to leave the party is asking me to leeave.p

Sent using tapatalk

Last edited:

Baked on Grease

I congratulate you on the encounter and would hope you do not knuckle under to CWA’s demand that you leave yourself open to harm just for them.

As a former member of CWA, I found them to be useless in ALL situations.

CWA will NOT do anything for you unless you are a drug addict, alcoholic or a screw up. (like most unions)

You do not sound like any of those.

Funny you should mention this... We had a guy in our crew that was pretty much all three, company finally fired him for massive tardiness (pretty much hours late.... Everyday!)

He was without a job for 14 months before the union got his job back for him on a technicallity (company screwed up the paperwork). He got back, signed the package deal for layoffs, spent 3 weeks in an office and left the company with 14months back pay, bought out pension and an extra 50,000 bonus severence from the layoff.package, now living on un-employment I would assume... Dam shame.

Sent using tapatalk

Shovelhead

F Y I:
Co-worker informed me yesterday that a Verizon supervisor called one of his buddys (A retired Verizon employee) and asked him if he would be available to work starting on Sept 27 (just past the 30 day grace period where no strike could be called).
Just sayin...........

user

Accomplished Advocate
Seems to me that local police who harass and intimidate otherwise law abiding striking workers are in violation of federal law, and if I recall correctly, that may be a felony. Demanding that striking workers produce a driver's license sounds to me like something designed to suggest that the striking worker could be subject to retribution for being on strike. A "we know where you live" kind of thing. I think this sounds serious.