• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My first open carry experience

smo

imported post

Well, for the first time I openly carried my sidearm today. My wife wanted to go on a walk around town, so I holstered up and went along. Saw a few neighbors and a few strangers out enjoying the holiday. No one said a word. No SWAT team showing up to disarm me like I always feared :D

Anyway, it's not much, but it will lead to more!

Keep the UTAH section alive!

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

smo,
A strange phenomenon will occur as you continue to OC: your pistol will get smaller and smaller, until you begin to wonder if it hasn't become completely invisible to the general public. The general lack of response will become so underwhelming, you will perhaps begin to miss the initial rush of anticipation you felt when you first left home with that huge, oversized howitzer strapped to your belt.

vermonter

imported post

In light of the mall shooting I hope more people in Utah Carry.... Open, Concealed, Whatever.... Just carry!