• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My free Glock Mod for LoneWolf

mobiushky

This what the gun looks like now.

DSC08539.jpg

DSC08545.jpg

It's a little exaggerated by the flash, but not a ton. I still think black would be better, but that depends on the paper backing. Black with a white outline would kind of defeat the intent.

Last edited:

LoneEchoWolf

This what the gun looks like now.

View attachment 8720

View attachment 8721

It's a little exaggerated by the flash, but not a ton. I still think black would be better, but that depends on the paper backing. Black with a white outline would kind of defeat the intent.

Still very nice! Ya the black may look better but i think no matter what going to have a line around it. very awesome mod for the Glocks though thanks for shareing the pictures! Definitely going to do similure to mine!

mobiushky

I imagine this is the first and last of the mods I will do. I might maybe possibly consider XS big dot sights at some point. But that's a big iffy. I heard an instructor say once, if you have enough light to properly identify and determine a threat, you have enough light to use iron sights. I'm not a night time commando, so I don't really see the point to glow in the dark. But who knows.

LoneEchoWolf

I imagine this is the first and last of the mods I will do. I might maybe possibly consider XS big dot sights at some point. But that's a big iffy. I heard an instructor say once, if you have enough light to properly identify and determine a threat, you have enough light to use iron sights. I'm not a night time commando, so I don't really see the point to glow in the dark. But who knows.

So far i haven't done many mods the one thing i did do is buy the Glock Slug plug, which goes in the back if your not using a back strap to cover that awful hole in the back. if Your not sure what I'm talking about heres a link to amazon, http://www.amazon.com/Glockmeister-...1340935073&sr=8-2&keywords=glock+19+slug+plug wow they have really long links lol. Ive been looking into the trijicon night sights, but there more of a add on that is opinion based, I'm not going to be doing shooting at night, unless the situation arises and if so i may want them just as a added help but by any means are they necessary at least to me.

Edit: love how it auto links some stuff, for the record that link i didnt do and are not what im talking about ( the night sight link)

Last edited:

mobiushky

So far i haven't done many mods the one thing i did do is buy the Glock Slug plug, which goes in the back if your not using a back strap to cover that awful hole in the back. if Your not sure what I'm talking about heres a link to amazon, http://www.amazon.com/Glockmeister-...1340935073&sr=8-2&keywords=glock+19+slug+plug wow they have really long links lol. Ive been looking into the trijicon night sights, but there more of a add on that is opinion based, I'm not going to be doing shooting at night, unless the situation arises and if so i may want them just as a added help but by any means are they necessary at least to me.

Edit: love how it auto links some stuff, for the record that link i didnt do and are not what im talking about ( the night sight link)
I've seen the plug before, just not real sure the point. I guess dirt and the whole mag insert thing. But hey, it's cheap too. My biggest issue with night sights is the cost. $200 or more is a lot just for sights.

LoneEchoWolf

I've seen the plug before, just not real sure the point. I guess dirt and the whole mag insert thing. But hey, it's cheap too. My biggest issue with night sights is the cost. $200 or more is a lot just for sights.

sounds like you may haveto take a trip near here for them sights i know of a place there $119 with instillation, PM me if you want the place. And yes the point of the plugs is to keep the dirt, and more importantly water or snow out of that area which strangely enough leads to the trigger mechanisms. it does help with Mag insertion and whatnot also, not to mention it makes it look better IMO. and as you said its like 15 bucks with shipping or something like that i got two sets of plugs a new glock tool and a new mat for around 35 bucks.

LoneEchoWolf

Another Cheap mod that comes to mind is the Maritime cups for the Glock http://www.amazon.com/GHOST-Maritim...1455&sr=1-1&keywords=glock+marine+spring+cups (another long link) They make it so the Glock can fire reliably submerged in water without damage. Not looking to shoot in a pool or nothing stupid like we all have seen on YT.. more thinking if it falls into water, or snow, or being its Colorado rafting or many other ways water could get into the Glock.

mobiushky

UPDATE: I had to trim back about 1/2" away from the breech area. Turns out my IWB holster is longer than my OC holster. So when I put the gun in the IWB, it started to rip part of the tape off. So it's only a little longer than an inch from the rear sights to the end of the tape. Have to see how that affects the one handed slide rack.

LoneEchoWolf

UPDATE: I had to trim back about 1/2" away from the breech area. Turns out my IWB holster is longer than my OC holster. So when I put the gun in the IWB, it started to rip part of the tape off. So it's only a little longer than an inch from the rear sights to the end of the tape. Have to see how that affects the one handed slide rack.

hopefully that still works out for ya.

M-Taliesin

I might maybe possibly consider XS big dot sights at some point. But that's a big iffy. I'm not a night time commando, so I don't really see the point to glow in the dark. But who knows.

Howdy Pard!
I'm not a commando at all, let alone a "night time commando".
That being said, I was robbed at gunpoint, and of course, it happened at night.
The incident became one of my primary motivators for arming myself.
Most home invastions happen at night, and it isn't unusual for an intruder to enter when a house is dark.
Taken together with the fact that most assaults, hold-ups and other nefarious activities happen under cover of darkness,
I'd rather have some night sights to work with if I found myself unexpectedly needing to defend myself in low light conditions.

I felt strongly moved to respond to this thread because I have an XDm that have seriously faded dots. I can barely see them in daylight,
let alone in darkness. I plan to have those sights replaced with Tru-Glo sights.

The thing about self defense is, you just never know when you'll find yourself forced to defend your life or what conditions will exist.
It ain't something ya can anticipate. I'd rather be prepared to handle things regardless of conditions.

I ain't meaning any offense here, but the best plan is to plan for any possible contingency.
So if you do decide to do something with big dot, I'm real motivated to do something to enhance my ability to defend, in good light or poor.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

LoneEchoWolf

Howdy Pard!
I'm not a commando at all, let alone a "night time commando".
That being said, I was robbed at gunpoint, and of course, it happened at night.
The incident became one of my primary motivators for arming myself.
Most home invastions happen at night, and it isn't unusual for an intruder to enter when a house is dark.
Taken together with the fact that most assaults, hold-ups and other nefarious activities happen under cover of darkness,
I'd rather have some night sights to work with if I found myself unexpectedly needing to defend myself in low light conditions.

I felt strongly moved to respond to this thread because I have an XDm that have seriously faded dots. I can barely see them in daylight,
let alone in darkness. I plan to have those sights replaced with Tru-Glo sights.

The thing about self defense is, you just never know when you'll find yourself forced to defend your life or what conditions will exist.
It ain't something ya can anticipate. I'd rather be prepared to handle things regardless of conditions.

I ain't meaning any offense here, but the best plan is to plan for any possible contingency.
So if you do decide to do something with big dot, I'm real motivated to do something to enhance my ability to defend, in good light or poor.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Always good to hear your oppinion, you do have good points and as you said most nefarious acts happen under cover of darkness, i for one think I'm going to get some trijicon's for mine, and offered to get mobi the store that sells em for less than 200 bucks if he changes his mind and wants to get some too. I can get you the place too M but they only carry Trijicon's mostly, I'm sure they have a few more floating around i just was looking for Glock so i didn't think to ask what else they had. Going to laugh and laugh at this but when i was a Youngin, still am but younger i was in the Boy Scouts and one major thing is to Always be Prepared, for anything and everything. Just as my sidearm i would rather have it and never need it than need it and not have it. I think that may or not be my next investment towards my G19.

Oh minor side note, they did indeed let me order that Ammunitionon i was talking about with you M, ill let you know what i think of it once i get ahold of some should have some just after the 4th but dont want to go to any ranges untill things get a bit wetter around colorado. Thanks for droppingin in M!

Semper-Fi
~Wolf~

Last edited:

mobiushky

While I understand the points, I'm still not exactly convinced. Here's why. If it is pitch black, I can't exactly guarantee that I'm even shooting at a valid target. What happens if that bump in the night isn't a BG, but a cat? In my house, the lights will either be turned on or I will be using a flashlight. Out on the streets, there are street lights and such. So my point is, if there is enough light to be able to distinguish a target and validate that it is in fact a threat then there is enough light to use my iron sights. I don't really even use the white on the sights I have. I'd be ok if they were all black to be honest. BUT, if I ever change my mind, $120 is more reasonable than what I've found. I just don't see it happening. I might look into fiber optics type day glow sights. But that would mainly be because I'm considering getting involved in IPDA events and might want something more obvious for speed. Maybe.

But that's all my opinion. And personal preference.