• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My Name is Marshall

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Attention forum members:

I have noticed over the years that my childish (ancient enough to be so literally) handle causes some confusion.

So I thought I'd waste good bits by starting an entire thread about my name, which is Marshall. It's a good name, and I don't spell it wrong.

That will be all.

:)

Rusty Young Man

Oh, and the point of this is, if you want to refer to me by name, you can (should) use my name, rather than my confusing handle.

So would this be a good place for me to come out (and clarify that my handle isn't my name)? :)
(P.S.: that should in no way be taken as a JAB at the LGBTQ community, as I have quite a few friends that identify as one of the categories under that umbrella)

Here goes:

Hello everyone,

My handle is Rusty Young Man and I am a gun enthusiast. A poor, college-student gun enthusiast, but gun enthusiast nonetheless. I am in the same boat as Marshall, and people (on this thread) know me as Rusty or "RYM", but my name is not Rusty...

@Marshall (aka "Marshaul"): I kind of figured you were just using an alternate spelling for your name. Good to know.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Attention forum members:

I have noticed over the years that my childish (ancient enough to be so literally) handle causes some confusion.

So I thought I'd waste good bits by starting an entire thread about my name, which is Marshall. It's a good name, and I don't spell it wrong.

That will be all.

Well, that's a let-down.

Based on your handle, I thought you were in interplanetary freight. I was gonna asked if I could hitch a ride.

:p

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Based on your handle, I thought you were in interplanetary freight. I was gonna asked if I could hitch a ride.

:p
Sir, I am impressed. That makes you the first person in decades (ever?) who not only guessed that it's a pun, but figured out what the pun was, to boot.

:lol:

77zach

My name should be obvious. I don't know where the 77 came from, I've been on here the better part of 7 years and can't remember why. This is the only website that is graced with my participation, lol.

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

My name is Seth Yale Minter. Parents wanted me to go to a prestigious school, but instead I became a sneaky mall ninja

davidmcbeth

Banned
So would this be a good place for me to come out (and clarify that my handle isn't my name)? :)
(P.S.: that should in no way be taken as a JAB at the LGBTQ community, as I have quite a few friends that identify as one of the categories under that umbrella)

Here goes:

Hello everyone,

My handle is Rusty Young Man and I am a gun enthusiast. A poor, college-student gun enthusiast, but gun enthusiast nonetheless. I am in the same boat as Marshall, and people (on this thread) know me as Rusty or "RYM", but my name is not Rusty...

@Marshall (aka "Marshaul"): I kind of figured you were just using an alternate spelling for your name. Good to know.

OK, Not Rusty. :D:D Like in European Vacation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MedHanoUnoY

Lasjayhawk

Hi my name is James T. Kirk. Can someone tell me why that Mac702 guy uses my picture for his avatar?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Hi my name is James T. Kirk. Can someone tell me why that Mac702 guy uses my picture for his avatar?

Sorry, pal. My avatar has been Kirk since before Algore invented the Internet.

As for Marshall, you are lucky in that I read so many of your excellent posts that I remember you well. I will probably remember the correct normal spelling of your name. Normally, I wouldn't bother, and will always use a person's handle instead. Not only for the sake of my own memory, but for easier referencing by newer members reading the posts.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
As for Marshall, you are lucky in that I read so many of your excellent posts that I remember you well. I will probably remember the correct normal spelling of your name. Normally, I wouldn't bother, and will always use a person's handle instead. Not only for the sake of my own memory, but for easier referencing by newer members reading the posts.

Why, thank you.