• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My Open Carry Experience

FightingGlock19

imported post

So, the family and I got done at the range. We had to make a stop to get rid of coffee @ the local Pilot Truck Stop in Oak Grove, KY.

So, I went inside & forgot I hadn't untucked my shirt after leaving the range.

Nobody said anything :shrug:

Fred

imported post

Great, I've been looking all over this forum to see if anyone is open carrying in Christian County. Specifically Oak grove, Hopkinsville area. I've actually seen one or two people do it out this way but I'm alittle hesitant myself. Just bought me an XD 40 thinking of open carrying until my FL CCW lic comes in. Any good advice? What range did you go to?

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Fred wrote:
Great, I've been looking all over this forum to see if anyone is open carrying in Christian County. Specifically Oak grove, Hopkinsville area. I've actually seen one or two people do it out this way but I'm alittle hesitant myself. Just bought me an XD 40 thinking of open carrying until my FL CCW lic comes in. Any good advice? What range did you go to?
Why not get the KY permit? It's a resident permit. It's good in as many states, it's cheaper, and it arrives in a timely fashion.

Fred

imported post

Live in kentucky but I'm not really a resident there. Myorganization base is in kentucky so I work and live there for now but I move around alot. Going with the florida non resident permit cause its good in so many places