• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My we have come a long ways

Firearms Iinstuctor

A friend of mine went to down town Milwaukee to the NRA Carry Guard Expo.

As he was talking with some friends a on duty MPD officer came in and started talking with one of the group that the officer obviously knew.

The officer was discussing the counter protestors out side and said that there were about 50 of them in one area.

Then he said there were two open carriers across the street with pistols and rifles.

My friend was carrying as were the people he was talking too.

He reported no anti gun signs and he saw other people carrying also.

My what a change from a few years ago when Milwaukee's mayor and police chief said open carriers would be treated as criminals and spread eagled on the ground any time they were seen.

He said there was a good turn out last evening and was going back today with his 79yoa mother who wanted to go.

Open carry is becoming more and more acceptable in a lot of places across the country.

We are winning now to get the few hold out states to turn to our side.

Last edited: