• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NAGR?

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Does anyone know who this National Association of Gun Rights (NAGR)is? I'm wondering if they are legitimate. I signed up to recieve email notices from them. It seems that when they send out alerts, the news is weeks, sonetimes months old.

Just got an alert tonight concerning the Department of Education ordering riot shotguns. We knew about this how many weeks ago?

I've read a notice to beware of fake activist groups that claim to lobby for this interest group or that, request donations, and then horde the contributions for their own use, never really lobbying for anyone.

www.nationalgunrights.org

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

I don't know what you think might legitimatize or de-legitimatize NAGR. NAGR would like to be the organization at the center of the grassroots gun rights web.

It, Dudley Brown and his RMGO have been around for quite a while. The RMGO website hosts one of the most profound political documents that I know, The Real Nature of Politics and Politicians or America’s System Works, But Not the Way You Think! by Michael I Rothfeld.

http://www.rmgo.org/alerts/RealNature.shtml

http://www.nrawol.net/

The root of my disagreement with NAGR is their support for traditional gun rights lobbying. On one hand grassroots presents itself as the non-NRA, while, on the other hand, they - some - try to use the same business methods as the NRA. Those might as well BE the NRA. Why expect different effects from the same old same-ol' causes? You don't have to be an Einstein to know the answer to that one, he told us, it's insanity.