• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NC members of Congress the right to use blue lights in the state.

solus

Fox 8 news, 5 April 19, quote:
State Senators are proposing Senate Bill 618, a bill with bipartisan support that could give members of Congress the right to use blue lights in the state.

The bill would amend the current blue light law, allowing for blue lights on “a vehicle used by a member of Congress, with a special U.S. Representative or U.S. Senator registration plate as authorized by 11 G.S. 20-79.4(b), in performance of the member’s official duties.”

This law would only apply to the United States House and Senate members, not members of state legislature. Unquote

Just what everyone needs yet another group want to anoint themselves as privileged aristocratic individuals.

ADulay

So just what important duty could any of those clowns have that would require them to "use a blue light" while driving their official government vehicle?

Don't these people have anything really important to do these days???

AD

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Per NORTH CAROLINA STATE CONSTITUTION, Article I, Section 33:
No hereditary emoluments, privileges, or honors shall be granted or conferred in this State.

Somebody needs to remind the legislators that passing that law would be in violation of the NC's constitution.

Last edited: