• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NC OC experience reports

solus

Yesterday, was another boring day OC’g w/o any citizen’s screaming and calling the LE’s.

Visited the Dr’s office & seen by the nice young PA who got into an in-depth discussion on Sig(s) she and her partner exchanged on their wedding day. Great to find another kindred spirit...

solus

Visit to Sam’s where a great conversation ensued over OC’g with a gentleman with ‘a few’ of his children w/him.

Quite interested in doing a ‘familiarization’ at my private corn field shooting area...after the religious holiday.

Should be quite enjoyable for all concerned.

solus

Toddled off to local Zaxby’s wearing the workaholic full sized HK USP to get my bride some dinner...

Ordered, stepped back, glance over around the room and was surprised to see a mature black male OC’g!

Walked over and said how nice it was to see another OCer, especially one of color as we chatted about how to get more to carry in the area. He hadn’t heard about the forum so he was given the site’s addy.

Both chatted as our orders were ready and we walked out together, shook hands, then departed as we went to get to our vehicles.

I’ll visit his place of business in a couple days to continue chatting.

solus

Tickled the Dixon McDonald group took down their silly, hard to read, gun buster signs...

Just noticed as i stopped for bkfast this morn...

bc.cruiser

Spent this past week in western NC, GA, and TN. No issues, and the only "look" I got was in the Franklin NC WalMart from an old guy in a wheel chair. Probably because it was at eye level.

solus

Off to an archery tourney, five guys, & Cabalas OC’g w/o anyone noticing nor scream’n as they run the other direction ~ just another day in the great state of NC.

solus

Ok, since/when heat index is >100...i am quite content to oc in my abode...my darl’g bride isn’t batt’n an eye! :sleep:

WalkingWolf

Rode to Old Sarge Surplus in Spring Lake to get patches sewed onto vests. Always OC there, nobody has ever noticed, at least they never let on. As far as the heat index, mehhhh, I am going to ride anyway. I wear boxers, not panties.

solus

Rode to Old Sarge Surplus in Spring Lake to get patches sewed onto vests. Always OC there, nobody has ever noticed, at least they never let on. As far as the heat index, mehhhh, I am going to ride anyway. I wear boxers, not panties.

Some of us go commando mode WW...😳

TMI notwithstanding...just saying...

solus

Well just had to run to Greenville to visit best buy to buy puter parts and a smidge apprehensive of OC’n while the uproar from the latest newspeek agitated furor is rolling through our Nation’s communities, but stepped out anyway...

Absolutely nobody said or gave me a sideway glance as i sought out the parts i was seeking from the staff...

Then on the way home ventured over to Smithfield’s BBQ ~ in front of the Rosewood Walmart complex ~ and chatted with staff and other customers as we enjoyed late lunch or early dinner as it turned out, all OC’n my full sized pistol on my hip.

WalkingWolf

We picked up a new shop vac at Lowe's lumber, only comments were positive thanking us for carrying. This day, and age of stupid, crazy mass shooters IMO open carry is more important than ever. Those who do carry concealed, but leave their guns most of the time at home need to rethink that option. My brother has a permit, and rarely carries, guess it's time to nag him.

Now don't beat me up, it was the wife's choice, we had lunch at BWW, not one single word was said about our guns. BWW has changed their policy to gun friendly, at least ours. Both open, and concealed are welcome, on top of that there was law enforcement in the restaurant and not even a glimpse from them. Apparantly we recieved a discount at BWW because our ticket was well below the cost on menu. I should have asked why, but why ruin a good thing, I am guessing it is due to being a veteran some restaurants give me a 15% discount. A big thank you to Lowe's for the 10% veterans discount I receive, they also have parking for vets now close to the store entrance. Perfect for our motorcycles.

solus

Ran errands in the local community yesterday, including into one of the Walmarts in the area w/o any sideways glances from anyone.

Chat’d up a woman & several clerks in Walmart who didn’t even look at my sidearm.

While shopping at farm supply got into a discussion of “whatcha carrying”, ‘kicking in the door LE neighbour say just em outside and drag the in, then your covered”, “oh in the house my LE neighbour says to just shoot em and let them bleed out before call’g LEs”, “oh i’ll just point my gun at em & hold em till LEs arrive”, ~ all the while saying these urban legends & presumption are incorrect and offered correct statutory info to the speaker and other kind folks listing to the conversation.

solus

Toddled to Lowes & while checking out, a family with a 12 yo youngster playing with hi intensity flashlite while his 6-ish yo brother sitting in the cart whining to play with the flashlite, al the while the mother is trying to maintain calm...

6 yo is getting even more agitated he can’t handle the flashlite...

final mother, fed up loudly admonished the 6yo who bursts into tears...until he suddenly quits and gets a huge smile on his face and his eyes lite up as he begins pointing ~ at my sidearm...

He was the only one to even notice i was OC’g...

bc.cruiser

Got into a game of car shuffleboard in Hope Mills this morning. I was the bumpee. Responding cop, Officer Rolland, did not mention or otherwise acknowledge the 1911 on my belt. Kudos to him.

Camping World, Lowe's, and WalMart were also non-issues, as usual.

solus

Glad, apparently, you survived playing bumper car as some being reported of late seem quite horrendous...

solus

1. WT’s the local, we are really proud of our merchandise, & didn’t t allow OC’g, gun store closed! [wait i’m suppose to appear sadden ~ nawll won’t happen from this member!]
2. Out of the blue ran into the owner of Four Seasons ~ a real local good olde boy community run gun shop which provides/sponsors support to the community’s youth groups and chatted on status of firearm things for a good 10 min all the while OC’g.
3. Walked into Durham’s sporting goods box OC’g store and walked back to firearm display, lad walked up stating how can i help and he uttered my first & last name while struggled to recognize him...oh ya you’re so and so...! Chatted for bout 30 minutes catching up...the newly arrived service member and i chatted about the virtues of OC’g in the Tarheel state!
4. Then off to a chaotic Popeye’s and endured the mgr screaming at staff for slowness, no replacement product being prepared, etc..waited in line to order, waited for order to be ready, and sat and ate...while OC’g.

All in all another great day OC’g in rural religious Eastern NC!