• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NC state Republicans conspired to meet in toto to over turn Democratic Gov’s budget veto...

solus

ABC 11, quote,
The North Carolina House of Representatives held a surprise emergency session on September 11 and voted to override Gov. Roy Cooper's veto of the General Assembly's proposed budget.

Democrats said they were lied to and specifically told no vote would happen Wednesday morning. Instead, Republicans held a vote with 64 of the 120 members of the House present. The vote ended up being 55-9 with the nine present Democrats voting against the override and vehemently objecting to the vote taking place.

After Gov. Roy Cooper finished speaking at the North Carolina National Guard September 11 Commemoration, he held a press conference about what the Republicans had done.

"For a decade, this Republican legislature elected by unconstitutional means has used tricks and bullying to starve our public schools and deny healthcare to half-a-million working North Carolinians," Cooper said at a news conference. "They used lies, bribes and illegal districts because their policies damage our state and can't pass on their own merit. Today, on the 18th anniversary of 9-11, while the state was honoring first responders, Republicans called a deceptive surprise override of my budget veto." Unquote

Gerrymandering and skulduggery is a norm in this state’s legislative body!

American Patriot

I am confused as how that addresses Open Carry? Is there a link to the article? Can you make the connection for us? Thanks.

solus

I am confused as how that addresses Open Carry? Is there a link to the article? Can you make the connection for us? Thanks.

Well AP, et al, who controls the NC statutory passages of ERPOs, Conceal/OC provisions?

So in case you missed the NC HB 2 legislation and subsequent repeal after the tremendous economic devastation to the state; or the legistrative gerrymandering ~ oh wait NC Supreme Court ruled against the legislative initiative ~ which has yet to be resolved to meet the court’s order; or the corruption of last Nov’s election resulting in voter fraud which makes Chicago’s voting dead incidents look minor!

Your absolutely right AP, there is no connection of a corrupt legislative body and this state’s firearm usage, none whatsoever!

I have been duly chastised by you AP...one hopes your over yourself now!

IPSE

American Patriot

I understand you used the forum to air your political frustrations and agenda. You failed in your diatribe to connect your original article with Open Carry.

You failed to give a link to the original article should others desire to read the full article. There are also no links to all those other events that you posted in your diatribe that we may validate them.

Must we take your word only for the facts?

From recent events it appears that some Open Carriers may have caused more harm to the cause than the legislatures. I fail to see a connection to the legislatures for all the giant retailers decision recently to ban open carry, which the legislatures supports. It appears some of the Open Carry activists may have shot themselves in the foot; not the legislature.

Nothing personal, just the facts. The truth in love.

solus

I understand you used the forum to air your political frustrations and agenda. You failed in your diatribe to connect your original article with Open Carry.

You failed to give a link to the original article should others desire to read the full article. There are also no links to all those other events that you posted in your diatribe that we may validate them.

Must we take your word only for the facts?

From recent events it appears that some Open Carriers may have caused more harm to the cause than the legislatures. I fail to see a connection to the legislatures for all the giant retailers decision recently to ban open carry, which the legislatures supports. It appears some of the Open Carry activists may have shot themselves in the foot; not the legislature.

Nothing personal, just the facts. The truth in love.

Speaking of fact & cites my august member...ye might not wish to cast stones lest your he-shed glass outhouse shatters as i do not see an iota of objective evidence to support the commentary in your post [bolded, italicized, and underlined] to substantiate your bravado agenda that “..OC’ers have caused more harm to the cause...” truly here in NC ?

And speaking of truth mate...do you see the broad band of blue in my initial post mentioning the words trickery in bold letters? That mate is what is known as a cite regarding what i quoted from ABC 11’s newspeek site.

Nothing personal AP, absolutely none at all...

PS: by the way mate you just might investigate the definition of love https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/love and your association to truth.

IPSE

Last edited:

American Patriot

And speaking of truth mate...do you see the broad band of blue in my initial post mentioning the words trickery in bold letters? That mate is what is known as a cite regarding what i quoted from ABC 11’s newspeek site.

You are correct solus I did over look the hot link. Thanks for pointing it out for your august member. My bad.

Whether there were Open Carriers here in NC or elsewhere that may have contributed to the major retailers to ban Open Carry in their stores it was not the NC legislature that cause them to make their decision. When those several retailers made their decisions they did it in their cooperative headquarters for their whole chain, NC included.

Read the other thread here on NC forum about the Open Carriers educating the public recently in a VA Farmers Market....I am not sure their audience were convinced. You can read about it here:

I do not go to Merriam-Webster for my definition of love...I use Jesus teaching in the Scriptures.

Thanks for your reply.

solus

Alas as has been extensively noted on the numerous threads on OCDO..unless you are asked to leave then it is an issue...especially since the retailer’s mgmt flat out it is a request and state they won’t put up signage, which in NC does not carry the weight of law!

Well mate, you will not discern an equality with the terms of “truth and love” because in the scriptures it states only “God is love” 1 John 4:8

As for your effort to duplicate your Reporting of VA activities in the NC sub-forum is beyond me!

American Patriot

Well mate, you will not discern an equality with the terms of “truth and love” because in the scriptures it states only “God is love” 1 John 4:8
1 John 4: “He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.”

the scriptures it states only “God is love” 1 John 4:8

I highlighted and underlined your effort to change the Scripture from "FOR God is love" to "ONLY God is love." I suppose that must be what merriam-webster teaches?

solus

I highlighted and underlined your effort to change the Scripture from "FOR God is love" to "
God is love." I suppose that must be what merriam-webster teaches?

American Patriot you have violated forum guidelines:

(16) NO FALSE ATTRIBUTIONS: Editing quoted posts by another member to make it appear as if they said something other than what they intended will NOT be tolerated!

There was no misquote American Patriot as you presumed since i quoted a specific portion of scripture, 1 John 4:8 which in fact states,

Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Nor did i use the words “FOR” or “ONLY” in my post...

Your “SUPPOSITION’ is grossly in error!