• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need some legal assistance...

v8shoguy

imported post

Looking for a civil rights attorney in the Louisville area, preferably pro-2A. I'd rather not get into what it's all about just yet, but do need some legal advice. Will definitely be posting updates after discussing the matter with legal council. Any recommendations?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

v8shoguy wrote:

I wanted to decide what I was going to do before putting everything out there.

That's reasonable.

Take your time and do whatcha gotta do.

Good luck.

v8shoguy

imported post

Unfettered Might wrote:
http://www.superlawyers.com/kentuck...III/e931cf0d-cdb1-41a6-bf49-f253ca8607c4.html

I'm not positive, but I believe he is very pro 2A.

Someone please correct if I'm wrong.

This avenue is a dead end. 3 messages left with the secretary over the past week, not a single call-back. I'll end up finding someone else (I hope). When someone calls your office and leaves a message, I would think it would be wise to call them back even if their problem is not within your scope, as you never know when they might need your services in the future.

I'm not asking for free representation. I am willing to put up my own money to ensure that this doesn't happen to me or anyone else again.

Unfettered Might

imported post

v8shoguy wrote:
Unfettered Might wrote:
http://www.superlawyers.com/kentuck...III/e931cf0d-cdb1-41a6-bf49-f253ca8607c4.html

I'm not positive, but I believe he is very pro 2A.

Someone please correct if I'm wrong.

This avenue is a dead end. 3 messages left with the secretary over the past week, not a single call-back. I'll end up finding someone else (I hope). When someone calls your office and leaves a message, I would think it would be wise to call them back even if their problem is not within your scope, as you never know when they might need your services in the future.

I'm not asking for free representation. I am willing to put up my own money to ensure that this doesn't happen to me or anyone else again.

Sorry, that's who I saw on an older post here for a good 2A attorney. I've have never actually had to use him yet, looks like I'll be marking him off the list then.

v8shoguy

imported post

I was told by the secretary that he specializes in criminal defense. Funny, the reason that I want to talk to him now is so that I can AVOID needing those services in the future. If I get a call from him, I will post up so we can put his name back on the list.

Unfettered Might

imported post

v8shoguy wrote:
I was told by the secretary that he specializes in criminal defense. Funny, the reason that I want to talk to him now is so that I can AVOID needing those services in the future. If I get a call from him, I will post up so we can put his name back on the list.
Well it does say;

Civil Rights/First Amendment(10%)

on his practices, so I don't know why he wouldn't be contacting you back.

Maybe he's only good for criminal defense cases involving firearms then.

But yeah, let us know what you find out.