• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Legislation has Arrived!

aadvark

Last edited:

Kingfish

Also, a New Knife Preemption Bill, Senate Bill 432, which is a Senate Version and Variant of Section 6 of House Bill 981, has been Filed as Well, and that Bill is Viewable here:
http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/en-US/display/20112012/SB/432
They did not use the word "carry" in any form only "possesion". This could (and very very likely would) allow local knice carrying laws to stand...Kinda how keep and bear are separate according to the USSC.

ETA: I would also like to see an immediate effective date.

Last edited:

aadvark

KingFish:

Although Your Analysis is Correct, Knives would be Preempted under House Bill 981, and therefore, beyond The Ability of Local Governmental Unit Regulation.

Also of Note..., many States ONLY Denominate 'Possession', not 'Carrying', as a Factor under Their Own Preemption Laws, so it would be an Interesting Court Opinion if only The Other Piece of Legislation that I Referred to would become Law instead.

aadvark