• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New member, Kansas / Missouri. OC and Transportation.

dirtboy25

Hello all. I'm currently a Kansas resident but have recently purchased a house in SW Missouri. As it turns out after many hours of research, now that I have started to OC, I am very unfamiliar with Kansas laws regarding OC and transportation, let alone Missouri laws.

My family will still be in Kansas and the home I'm moving into is within 5 miles of Kansas, so knowing both states laws is in my best interest.

I'm reaching out to the members here for information. If you are in the SE Kansas or SW Missouri area PLEASE feel free to contact me and maybe we can meet up and you could educate me a bit. :D I am a bit of a forum junkie so communication through here is no problem. I do plan on taking CCW classes just for peace of mind and for certain situations but, I prefer open carry for comfort and accessibility.

First things first. Homework. What can I focus on right now. What parts of the law should I learn first, and what is important for me to know when I encounter LEO's and gun haters.

Any and all information will be much appreciated. Thanks.

And here is my preferred tool. Others include a Sig P229 GenII SAS in .40 S&W, and a CZ75B Cold War Commemorative

davidmcbeth

Banned
Well, its not wise not to know the laws and be a carrying anyways .. but Jesus gave you the power to make choices.

Welcome to the forum...

eye95

And now for a sane response: It is commendable that you want to know the law. The folks at this site are a wonderful resource. I can help you with Alabama (a lot) and Ohio (not as much), but I am clueless about KS and MO. You might find more help in the KS and MO subforums.

I can say this: Welcome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Well, its not wise not to know the laws and be a carrying anyways .. but Jesus gave you the power to make choices.

Welcome to the forum...
And now for a sane response: It is commendable that you want to know the law. The folks at this site are a wonderful resource. I can help you with Alabama (a lot) and Ohio (not as much), but I am clueless about KS and MO. You might find more help in the KS and MO subforums.

I can say this: Welcome!

<o>
So, what is insane about davidmcbeth response? Suggesting the OP learn the laws is clearly a sane response. All that is left is that you believe Jesus giving people the power to make choices is insane. Conclusion, eye95 is a Jesus hater.

eye95

You made it about you by making an assumption, which I dispatched.

You, by not answering the question, have left us only to assume. By avoiding the question you are actually pushing towards a specific assumption.

Moving on. You can continue your disruption of this thread--or not. I won't reply to you.

<o>

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
You made it about you by making an assumption, which I dispatched.

You, by not answering the question, have left us only to assume. By avoiding the question you are actually pushing towards a specific assumption.

Moving on. You can continue your disruption of this thread--or not. I won't reply to you.

<o>
Not moving on. Again, it's not about me. The record is clear, every time you make foolish statements and consistently attack people out of your hatred for them demonstrates that you choose not to live by christian principles. If you are a God fearing person then you owe davidmcbeth an apology. After all, that is the christian thing to do.

Now we are moving on.

WCEarp

Welcome Dirtboy25,

Missouri allows each city to set their own regulations on open carry. Most cities allow OC, some allow OC w/CCW, and some ban OC. Most cities follow Missouri statue almost to the letter.

Kansas is the same way even though there seems to be some debate as to wether or not the Kansas constitution allows that. The Kansas and Missouri subforms will give you a good idea of which larger cities are not OC friendly.

If you are going to get a CCW then get it from Missouri as Kansas only recognizes permits from your home state.

Hope you learn some good information here and very nice setup by the way. I'm still waiting on the funds to get my own 1911.