• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New posters

SigGuy23

Activist Member
I noticed lately there is a crap ton of new guys on here from all over. The thing that bugs me is they all seem to be asking the most obvious, easiest questions they can answer themselves if they just did a little research. Doesn't anyone look at the OCDO maps on the home page? That would answer a majority of their questions. I know the maps are wrong and not updated in some states. That's why they have the link to handgunlaws.us that leads to the specific state on the site. I'm not saying you can't ask questions. But try to do some actual research first. Most of these questions these guys are asking can have an answer found with about 5-10 min of searching.

Sorry I'm done venting now.

1245A Defender

need some advice...

my brothers gang held up the drug house down the street.
so he sold me a gun they found during the robbery.
im not in the gang so its ok for me to have it, right?
so i want to be all legal and stuff, so my question is,
how do i register it with the police since it has the numbers ground off?
also since i took the on line maryland training class, am i ok now to take my gun to school?

jammer

So he sold me a gun they found during the robbery.
Im not in the gang so its ok for me to have it, right?
So i want to be all legal and stuff, so my question is,
Also since i took the on line maryland training class, am i ok now to take my gun to school?

ha ha ha ha! This should have been posted on 4/1/2012, not today's. This is really funny !!!

Dreamer

He can someone please explain the "Going Armed to the Terror of the People" thing in North Carolina?

A friend of my uncle told me that he has a friend who's cousin is a cop, and said I could get charged with GAttTotP for OCing... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

SovereignAxe

I will say that I made post on Reddit (in the /r/guns subreddit) about OC and plugged OCDO. But I gave several suggestions that would mitigate any abvious questions, including a link to the maps page and a suggestion to follow it to handgunlaw.us.

So I'll take responsibility for new posters, but not for obvious questions posed by them :D

Logan 5

I noticed lately there is a crap ton of new guys on here from all over. The thing that bugs me is they all seem to be asking the most obvious, easiest questions they can answer themselves if they just did a little research. Doesn't anyone look at the OCDO maps on the home page? That would answer a majority of their questions. I know the maps are wrong and not updated in some states. That's why they have the link to handgunlaws.us that leads to the specific state on the site. I'm not saying you can't ask questions. But try to do some actual research first. Most of these questions these guys are asking can have an answer found with about 5-10 min of searching.

Sorry I'm done venting now.

Oh. REALLY? Hmmm. Well SG, I'm a new guy. And I have a technical question for ya.
How do you pull the trigger on a .357 revolver, versus pulling the trigger on a Colt 1911? :p
Yeah, that's said tongue in cheek.

SG, some people just don't think about the research. Sometimes they just want a quick answer.

MackTheKnife

Yes, it's ok.

so he sold me a gun they found during the robbery.
im not in the gang so its ok for me to have it, right?
so i want to be all legal and stuff, so my question is,
also since i took the on line maryland training class, am i ok now to take my gun to school?

Since you lack a bona fide gang affiliation, and have completed the on line training, all you need is a note from Juan Epstein's mother!

09jisaac

Since you lack a bona fide gang affiliation, and have completed the on line training, all you need is a note from Juan Epstein's mother!

Not true, he may have to go get a refresher course. Also, the "note" has to be notarized.

But most importantly, it takes sometimes DAYS to get an answer for specific questions. It takes just over one min to read the titles of threads on a specific forum. I am guessing that you can find your answer within 5 pages if it is that common.