• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No Firearms in Arby's Restaurants

dubccat51

Opt-Out Members
imported post

I just got off the phone with Joanne Yoder the Arby's VP of Operations in Western North Carolina. I had previously sent her an e-mail about the signs that are posted in accordance with state law prohibiting the carry of firearms. She said that she had talked to lawyers, police officers, and insurance people and had decided that prohibitiong firearms in Arby's was not such a good policy and there was a good chance that the signs were coming down soon. If they do, I encourage all of you to frequent Arby's Restaurants more often.

vrwmiller

imported post

I've not noticed any signs on Arby's in VA. I'm guessing this was, indeed, an NC thing only. I've carried in VA Arby's on a couple occassions with no problems.

dubccat51

Opt-Out Members
imported post

From what the woman said, it sounded like that it was just this group of franchises in Western North Carolina that prohibited weapons because it was allowed by state law. From what she said, it sounds like they are going to change their policy. She said that honest law-abiding people were not the original target of the law, it was originally targeted at criminals who, after she thought about it, wouldn't follow the policy anyway. She talked to her husband who was a policeman, lawyers, and insurance agents and they all vouched for the character of CHL holders, so she said that it was very likely that that the signs would come down shortly. I guess since 1995 nobody has ever called them out on the policy until I sent her that e-mail. I don't know?

dubccat51

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Hey, so I drove by Arby's today and they had taken the signs off of the doors. I turned right in and purchased a meal and after I got home wrote a thank youe-mail to the woman who took my complaint.

zoom6zoom

imported post

it was originally targeted at criminals who, after she thought about it, wouldn't follow the policy anyway.

Maybe folks are starting to get it!

lightbulb%20idea.jpg

UTOC-45-44

imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
nakedshoplifter wrote:
I eat at Arby's all the time, it's why I'm so dang fat.

You need to take another look me at, son. You are NOT fat.

:)

What guidelines are you guys following to compare to fat??? American or Chinese or European ???:what:

According to European Guideliness I'm fat and according to American I'm normal and Chinese I'm extremely obese.