• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NO FIREARMS SIGNS ON THE FLEMING COUNTY COURTHOUSE

gutshot II

The Fleming County Courthouse has signs that say "No firearms or other dangerous weapons". All "Court of Justice" offices and courtrooms moved down the street to the new "Judicial Center" several years ago. You can see a picture of the sign here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UbF2FBRLJ3FItJFSbrr3__gv9UcYoV_t/view?usp=sharing
Three weeks ago, I sent County Judge Exec. Foxworthy an email about this problem and he told me that the Fiscal Court would take up the matter at the next meeting. He made no promises either way and said he had no idea what decisions the Court would make. This morning he called me and said they had voted to take the signs down. There was no big disagreement between the Judge and I, no arguments, no name calling, it was just business and it was handled in a businesslike manner. This could have been done by anybody. There were no secret words used or special signals sent. I just sent him a copy of the law and asked him to comply. I wish they were all this easy. Anybody that sees any signs like this, let me know.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Nice work! (and I think you really should consider teaching your secret words and signals to a protege of your choice) ;)