• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No guns allowed in Central City parks, no way.

gutshot II

I was sent a picture of a sign from the Central City Skate Park. You can see the picture here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jaq1zq5jhupew5e/Central%20City%20skate%20ParkImage-1.pdf?dl=0

I got in touch with Mayor Shaver of Central City and advised him of the law. He said he'd have to look into it. Today I got the following reply from the City Administrator:

Dear gutshot II:
Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. It was not the intent to offend or violate any laws. Only the protection of our youth is the focal point. The City will take care of the issue as soon as possible.
Thank You,
David Rhoades
City Administrator

This may have been the easiest one of these that I have ever encountered. My grandchildren could have done it. Five minutes on the phone and it was done. I also got a lead on another city with similar signs. I'll be looking into that tonight.