• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No-Shave November

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Okay, I totally found a Facebook group that is doing this.

Guys, we go through a lot through the course of the year trying to keep up appearances for those lovely creatures that make our lives complete. Every morning, or at least every other morning we find ourselves standing over a sink with a razor in our hands, making ourselves smoothe and attractive for the fairer sex.

Well, this is the one time during the year where we men take back our manliness and just let it grow. The point of No-Shave november is just that, not to shave. Below the jaw line and above the cheeks is open for trimming, but the beard area must grow free.

To the ladies, in order to avoid sexism, this is open to you as well... but the no shave only applies to facial hair ;).

Now to make this relevant enough that it's not deleted.... hehe.

If it grows long enough, you can totally carry a Kel Tech hidden in your beard!:celebrate

Whose gonna join the manly revolution?

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Well, I hold on to my man-card all year (I have a beard). So I don't need a month to "take it back". I feel bad for you poor men out their that fight for our 2nd amendment rights, but can't even keep your right to grow a beard....:cool: (just giving the smooth cheeked men on here a hard time)

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Women inspire much more fear in men than do their government. I ain't scared of getting hassled for packing... I am scared of the wrath of the girls in my life...hehe.

However, I also wear a beard, but I am forced to keep it tamed to an acceptable level with a trimmer. I think I am gonna let it grow this month though, just to see what happens.