• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Non resident

dadpharm

imported post

I sent for a non resident info package.I noticed that Conn requires 10 hours of training. Here in S>C> we are required to get 8 hours. However i have had numerous course amount ing to 20 hours or so of training.Would this suffice if I sent proof or does it have to be one course. Tx guys Frank

Hef

imported post

I am a SC resident with a CWP and a CT non-res pistol permit. The process was very easy. I submitted directly to the SLFU a notarized copy of my NRA training certificate, my application (also notarized), a money order for the application fee, a color photocopy of the front and back of my SC CWP and DL, and my fingerprint cards. Within a few weeks I received my CT pistol permit in the mail.

If you have any questions call the SLFU directly. They're courteous and professional.

gluegun

imported post

The law does not require any specific number of hours. You are required to take an approved training class. NRA Basic Pistol meets all of the requirements to obtain a CT Permit to Carry.