• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Normal or Not?

Glocklover20

I went to Agricola this weekend to see my buddy and let him shoot some guns. We had to go to a shooting range because his dad was working on their land. I have never been to a shooting range as I always shoot on our land in stone county. When we arrived at the range i had my glock 17 in my safari land holster and walked to the door, they had a sign saying all firearms brought in the store must be unloaded and the breach must be open. This included carry as i saw 3 others with holsters but no guns. Is this normal, if you sell ammo and firearms plus run a shooting range out back, I don't see why you would limit carry.

mmclin

Every range I've been to is like this, and not just restricted to MS. There probably are some out there that allow it, but I have yet to visit one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

JustaShooter

Must be a regional thing as I've never seen a sign like that at a range here in NE Ohio. The signs I see say they need to be unloaded or holstered.

Maverick9

Because people come in and take out their guns to try store holsters, or fail to check them, and to be real, the store doesn't know who's responsible or irresponsible in handling. I don't blame them.

Q-Tip

For ranges, it's normal. Most gun stores are cool as long as it remains in a holster or is brought in unloaded and cased, one or the other.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I generally ignore their "rules". Never had an issue.

Never went wacko and shot up the place either ... duh

Me thinks that they are worried about accidental discharges ... and not wearing your hearing protection...of course one should practice occasionally w/o hearing protection (you're not going to get up in the middle of the night when being burglarized and get hearing protection, right?).

HPmatt

Dallas ranges

Both indoor ranges I go to here in Dallas also sell guns - they are keep your pistol holstered or if not, have it unloaded w/o magazine.

Daylen

Nuts!

I've been to a few indoor ranges and none say any such nonsense. They do all insist on not shooting directly from a holster draw.

Glocklover20

Nuts!

I've been to a few indoor ranges and none say any such nonsense. They do all insist on not shooting directly from a holster draw.

I was not going to shoot from holster I was at the rifle range side and they wouldn't let me carry

Also I know its off topic but my girl loves to shoot my Glock 17, if you dont know its a 9mm. That is all she wants to shoot she thinks my AR or my AK has to a little to much recoil for her to sit there and put 500 rounds down range. I wanted to get her a small pistol to shoot when we go to the range, I can not find a review on this gun, if anyone has heard of it please let me know. She will probably put 100-200 rounds a year through this thing so it does not have to be top notch its just a target gun. EAA SAR B6P 9MM DA 3.8SS VL 13 is the gun name and model.

Kopis

I was not going to shoot from holster I was at the rifle range side and they wouldn't let me carry

Also I know its off topic but my girl loves to shoot my Glock 17, if you dont know its a 9mm. That is all she wants to shoot she thinks my AR or my AK has to a little to much recoil for her to sit there and put 500 rounds down range. I wanted to get her a small pistol to shoot when we go to the range, I can not find a review on this gun, if anyone has heard of it please let me know. She will probably put 100-200 rounds a year through this thing so it does not have to be top notch its just a target gun. EAA SAR B6P 9MM DA 3.8SS VL 13 is the gun name and model.

Get her a GLOCK 19 or get a 9mm upper for your AR. My wife loves my 16" AR and AR pistol. No problems shooting an AK either. She's weighs about a buck-25. Her fav is the regular cqb AR. I leave the operator stock in position 2 I think for her.

Last edited:

Glocklover20

Get her a GLOCK 19 or get a 9mm upper for your AR. My wife loves my 16" AR and AR pistol. No problems shooting an AK either. She's weighs about a buck-25. Her fav is the regular cqb AR. I leave the operator stock in position 2 I think for her.

I had looked at the 19's, she's a girly girl though so I was going to, against my better judgment, get her a colorful gun

Kopis

I had looked at the 19's, she's a girly girl though so I was going to, against my better judgment, get her a colorful gun

Exactly! perfect way to get her into it. Get her a G19, have the slide and mags cerakoted in pink and get her a pink comptac holster! I like all the new stuff coming out that is targeting female gun owners. It's good marketing and good for their safety.

Eeyore

I can not find a review on this gun, if anyone has heard of it please let me know. She will probably put 100-200 rounds a year through this thing so it does not have to be top notch its just a target gun. EAA SAR B6P 9MM DA 3.8SS VL 13 is the gun name and model.

I've never seen one in person, but the September issue of American Rifleman discusses all the SAR offerings (page 74). Of course, it's not an unbiased review, but since it's a CZ-75 clone (like the EAA Witness and Baby Desert Eagle, but much less ugly than those) it should be fine.

Glocklover20

Exactly! perfect way to get her into it. Get her a G19, have the slide and mags cerakoted in pink and get her a pink comptac holster! I like all the new stuff coming out that is targeting female gun owners. It's good marketing and good for their safety.

I'll have to look into getting the gun pink, purple, whatever color she wants on a glock I didn't want to spend to much as it's just a target gun and I think all that on a glock would run about 800-900$ ( including glock )