• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

North marysville albertsons

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
Do you have this company policy you speak of?

Which Albertsons is this? Does it have the US bank in it? I need to find out which one I have to go shopping at.

North Marysville (116th)
Yes there was a US Bank in it.

When I stopped by to check things out last week (OC of course), the bank was in the process of packing things up to leave.
The store was almost empty, many of the fixtures had already been taken away.

amzbrady

North Marysville (116th)
Yes there was a US Bank in it.

When I stopped by to check things out last week (OC of course), the bank was in the process of packing things up to leave.
The store was almost empty, many of the fixtures had already been taken away.

Crap, We just moved out here and my wife went there a month ago all happy she found a US Bank out here. Now it's gone.

Difdi

She said she doesn't want to loose me as a costumer, but that when I come in I put a jacket on to cover it up.

You should have mentioned that open carry does not require a permit, but concealed carry does. If someone who doesn't have a permit covers up, it's a crime in Washington. Does she want criminals frequenting her store?

davidmcbeth

Banned
Why do people bother trying to educate? Should have just written a letter stating you will not be shopping there anymore and give your reason. Then find a new place and never go back. I only need to be treated like dirt once.

Difdi

Why do people bother trying to educate? Should have just written a letter stating you will not be shopping there anymore and give your reason. Then find a new place and never go back. I only need to be treated like dirt once.

Because once you run out of places to shop, you get to choose between abandoning your principles or taking up farming in your back yard.

Educating is being part of the solution. Doing nothing is being part of the problem.

Metalhead47

Because once you run out of places to shop, you get to choose between abandoning your principles or taking up farming in your back yard.

Educating is being part of the solution. Doing nothing is being part of the problem.

This. Because every so often you come across someone who will, actually, listen.

Metalhead47

But not necessarily at the management level that matters.

You never know. The manager of the local Ace hardware asked me about it once since I'm in there all the time, I explained the laws & such & haven't heard from him since, and I'm in there several times a month. Manager at a Tri-Cities Walmart tried to ask me to cover up once because "people were complaining." I did, briefly, just to prove the point, and we both agreed it looked so utterly ridiculous it was liable to cause even more problems. In the end he wasn't entirely happy, but acknowledged Walmart's carry-neutral policy and specifically did NOT ask me to leave.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
You never know. The manager of the local Ace hardware asked me about it once since I'm in there all the time, I explained the laws & such & haven't heard from him since, and I'm in there several times a month. Manager at a Tri-Cities Walmart tried to ask me to cover up once because "people were complaining." I did, briefly, just to prove the point, and we both agreed it looked so utterly ridiculous it was liable to cause even more problems. In the end he wasn't entirely happy, but acknowledged Walmart's carry-neutral policy and specifically did NOT ask me to leave.

ACE is a franchise, so its possible your manager was the owner...

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Possible I suppose, tho I'm pretty sure his tag says manager. Point being...?

When you are talking with someone who has a stake in the revenue of the business, you are less likely to be discouraged from shopping there.

While when you are talking with a big chain, they have less allegiance to the individual spender in the business.

Metalhead47

When you are talking with someone who has a stake in the revenue of the business, you are less likely to be discouraged from shopping there.

While when you are talking with a big chain, they have less allegiance to the individual spender in the business.

True, but one would *think* that someone at the managerial level would/should have a similar mindset, if only because they hold responsibility for profitable operations.

Cubex DE

A good manager will listen to those he manages.

During my stint as Asset Protection Lead at Best Buy in Spokane, I educated all of my managers on our corporate OC policy, which is neutral (same as Starbucks). It turned out most of them were pro-gun anyway, and after some initial concern they accepted the information I gave them and no OC'ers ever had an issue. I would even shake the hands of OC'ers I saw in the store and thank them for carrying. Our store still has a "Very Positive" rating on FriendOrFoe.us.

sudden valley gunner

During my stint as Asset Protection Lead at Best Buy in Spokane, I educated all of my managers on our corporate OC policy, which is neutral (same as Starbucks). It turned out most of them were pro-gun anyway, and after some initial concern they accepted the information I gave them and no OC'ers ever had an issue. I would even shake the hands of OC'ers I saw in the store and thank them for carrying. Our store still has a "Very Positive" rating on FriendOrFoe.us.

+1 Great job! Thank you for your subtle activism at your place of employment.

And kudos to your managers for having good managerial skill by listening to other employees.