• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NOTRE DAME BURNS

solus

This has been SO out of the news after it was discovered to be of Muslim origin...

So since9, you feel casting dispersions on the entire Muslim religious faithful without one iota of objective evidence is warranted?

All the while professing to be a gentleman, appointed by Congress no less, and a scholar...

OC for ME

Natural silk prayer cloth rug gifted to me from a RSAF Colonel. Really nice fella. He suggested that I hang it on a wall as a piece of art...east wall in my home.

solus

All I will say is read the Qu'ran [sic] and make up your own mind whether or not it is a "religion of peace." I have my own copy and I have read it through several times.

Alas, the Christian tome discusses extreme violence in Judges, might look at the Torah and Talmud which discusses violence, as does the Book of Mormon, as well as the Holy Qur’an...none these tomes of the faithful are without mention and discussion of violence towards others...

The Latter Day Saints have under the direction of Church prophets and apostles, burned and looted Daviess County, attacked and killed members of the Missouri state militia, and carried out an extermination order on the Timpanogos tribe and other Latter Day Saints lead the Mountain Meadows Massacre, Battle Creek massacre, and Circleville Massacre.

The massacres of Rwanda or Jonestown or Branch Davidian or... all acts of violence perpetrated in the name of religion!

Yes, of course there are passages in these tomes of charity too!

For this reason, to single out any individuals’ religious practice/observance and state categorically it is a religion of violence is wrong, as all the tomes of faith have violence articulated throughout its pages which shows a lack of understand of our own faith and intolerance of another's faith simply because WE lack the understanding that not every practitioner will engage in the century(ies) olde translations and original textual meanings of their book of faith!

Last edited:

OC for ME

Don't blame the book (belief system) blame the adherents. When Christians are running around bombing anything and everything then we can revisit this topic. No different than the liberals blaming the gun vs. the criminal who used a gun unlawfully.