• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Now I Know I Live In The Right Town...

Outdoorsman1

On another thread I discussed the benifits of small town living... I just found this on my small towns website... Now I know I am living in the right place....

Conceal and Carry Classes Chief Xxx Xxxxxxx of the Silver Lake Police Department has announced that Firearms Training Officer, Xxxxx Xxxxxxx will be offering CCW training classes in Silver Lake. Officer XXxxx will be teaching the DOJ Recommended 4 hr classes. Interested persons or if you have questions can call the Police Department at 262-889-4100 or email the Police Department at slpolice@bizwi.rr.com. Successful completion of this course will allow citizens to apply for a WI Conceal and Carry permit. Cost is $75, or $60 if you are a resident of Silver Lake.

Can't get much better....

Outdoorsman1

Packfanatic

Nice!

On another thread I discussed the benifits of small town living... I just found this on my small towns website... Now I know I am living in the right place....

Can't get much better....

Outdoorsman1

Too bad our wanna be village that is a suburb of madistan did not have a constitution supporting chief. he thinks no one should have firearms except leo....

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Why is it OK for a salaried public servant to sell an indulgence from infringement 2A

On another thread I discussed the benifits of small town living. I just found this on my small towns website. "Successful completion of this course will allow citizens to apply for a WI Conceal and Carry permit. Cost is $75, or $60 if you are a resident of Silver Lake. " Now I know I am living in the right place. Can't get much better.
Why is it OK for a salaried public servant to sell an indulgence from infringement of the Second Amen.?

Good people ought to be armed as they will, with wits and Guns and the Truth.

Outdoorsman1

Yea actually my "small town" is classified as a "village"... I just call it a small town because compared to where I moved from (Racine) it is small.... Real small.

Too bad our wanna be village that is a suburb of madistan did not have a constitution supporting chief. he thinks no one should have firearms except leo....

Yea I hear that there is a lot of that ^^^^ going around...

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

Why is it OK for a salaried public servant to sell an indulgence from infringement of the Second Amen.?

I never said it was ok my point was it is better to have a local PD in favor of CCW than against it...

Also I am thinking that the "salaried public servant" is no doubt (at the very least) a DOJ qualified instucrtor....

Just Sayin...

Outdoorsman1

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Yes, sheepdogs are OK with lip service and selling CCW to the sheeple. Just sayin'...LOL

My dumbass cop got $100 from eight suckers for reading the DoJ site material.

Last edited:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
The more police chiefs that support their departments providing CCW training to citizens, the more support we will have with a group that has historically been against the right. Maybe at some point the state police chiefs organization will get a new legislative gofer. The current one, like Doyle and Barrett, is a WAVE award winner.

Last edited:
H

Herr Heckler Koch

The more police chiefs that support their departments providing CCW training to citizens, ...
Yep, follow the money, first property, income, sales taxes and now another tax to CCW. Any money of any description to the grubberment is a tax, whatever it may be called.

duckdog

Face it, you need one of the forms of training to get the permit. If they are willing to offer it for $65, then so be it. This isn't a tax, but rather a fee dor a service rendered. Any money that these small towns bring in help defer tax increases in the long run when the fiscal year comes to the end and they are, or are not in the red.

MKEgal

I agree that having a pro-Constitution LEA / LEO is better than not,
but unless that instructor is doing classes on his own time, and NOT in a taxpayer-funded facility, he shouldn't be charging anything.
His wages are paid by taxpayers, & the email & phone listed to contact him are paid by taxpayers, & I'm going to bet that he'll hold class in a taxpayer-funded building.
So why should people pay yet again for services?
(Oh, and he'll be using the curriculum developed by DOJ, at taxpayer expense, so there's no cost to him there.)

H

Herr Heckler Koch

I agree that having a pro-Constitution LEA / LEO is better than not,
but unless that instructor is doing classes on his own time, and NOT in a taxpayer-funded facility, he shouldn't be charging anything.
His wages are paid by taxpayers, & the email & phone listed to contact him are paid by taxpayers, & I'm going to bet that he'll hold class in a taxpayer-funded building.
So why should people pay yet again for services?
(Oh, and he'll be using the curriculum developed by DOJ, at taxpayer expense, so there's no cost to him there.)
Correct, clear and concise on all points. We agree.

hermannr

Actually, more to the point, who gets the $60? The town, or the instructor? If this is being done on town time, and in a town facility, by a town employee, I suspect it is more revenue for the town???? not the instructor??? no?

If it is being on the instructors time, then the instructor earns it, not the town...

hermannr

It just occured to me: Having a local police office give the training class might go a long way to lowering the incidents of misunderstanding and "you got a license for thet son"? Don't you think?

Old Grump

Beats the heck out of Blue River my little village. It doesn't even have a police force so them made themselves safer by prohibiting carry weapons on any village property or buildings. I tried to get a marksmanship class going for the local scout troop sponsored by the American Legion and that got shot down before I had it completely out of my mouth. Pretty good considering there is a rifle range a mile away and a lot of hunters/fishermen in town.