• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NY - criminal possesion Ex-Knicks point guard

Lord Sega

ARTICLE LINK

Ex-Knicks point guard Raymond Felton copped to felony gun charges Wednesday in exchange for 500 hours of community service and a $5,000 fine. ... [snip] ... He pleaded guilty to attempted criminal possession of a weapon and criminal possession of a firearm, [snip] Felton, 30, admitted to having the unregistered Belgian-made pistol at the W. 61st St. apartment where his estranged wife, Ariane Raymondo-Felton was living. He was charged in February after she reported him for having it in the midst of a bitter divorce.

So basically, an upset soon-to-be Ex reports him for having a pistol in their home... sounds like vindictive divorce leverage.

BUT, here's my question... shouldn't she be charged also? He may have bought and owned the pistol, but if it is in their home and she knew about it and she had access to it then isn't she also "in criminal possession of a firearm" especially under NY extreme gun laws?

Even if NY wants to give her a pass for reporting it, how long was it in the house? If it was there for years and she knew it and did not report it then she should not get a pass and should be charged as well as Felton. Why wouldn't Felton's defense lawyers not push that issue for their own leverage?

Thoughts?