• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

O.C. Ryans Paducah Ky

mike m

imported post

It was a good day ,my wife and kids were just sitting down at our table when i herd very loudly OOhHHHHH! I just saw your gun.XD-9 Blackhawk open carry rig.Next question -- Are you a policeman?

My comment was no mam just a law abiding citizen of KY. Next question how can you carry a gun, rember she is asking me questions in front of many people,had to keep my cool,and anwser her as best as I could while all eyes in ryans was upon me!!

anyways I talked to her and explained our laws , and then found out she was from IL

had a good dinner then O.C. to the local movies, and no more questions asked other than that it was a normal night..

TrueBrit

imported post

mike m wrote:
it will be 6 mos. before I can get c.c permit here, but when I do will still O,C.

thnx for comment

Thrice welcome, Sir!

Another stalwart determined to hold the line here in the Bluegrass State!

Typical that a visitor from the PRI would get excited about an open carried pistol!

Welcome aboard, and thank you for being a good ambassador for all of us, especially we Kentucky boys, whether home brewed or transplants like myself!

Best wishes,

TrueBrit.

mike m

imported post

Yep I have O.C. every day sometimes questioned sometimes not.

Have not been questioned by LEO yet, when I do hope it goes as well!

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

mike m wrote:
Yep I have O.C. every day sometimes questioned sometimes not.

Have not been questioned by LEO yet, when I do hope it goes as well!
I have found from many officers, and fence sitters, that you will get treated with the same respect you give them. If you are rational and don't blow up and become defensive from the get go, you will find that they are usually receptive to your reasoning.

Ocassionally, you come across fanatics, there is no reasoning with these people most of the time, so don't get down on yourself if/when this happens.

Glad to hear all went well, and you educated a citizen(s) in the process!