• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at KC Wal-Mart resulrs in a MWAG call

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
From the article: "Kevin Jamison of the Western Missouri Shooters Alliance said that while open carry is legal, it doesn't mean it's always a good idea."

Gee, with friends like this...

Last edited:

kcgunfan

That is consistent with Mr Jamison's past thoughts. He's a really good lawyer and probably the best 2A lawyer in the other half of the state. But he's absolutely a CCW guy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ron73440

From the article: "Kevin Jamison of the Western Missouri Shooters Alliance said that while open carry is legal, it doesn't mean it's always a good idea."

Gee, with friends like this...

I'm sure he is one of the "I support the 2d Amendment, but..." crowd that we all love so much.

He went through the time and trouble to get a permit and doesn't understand how that could possibly be objected to.

OC for ME

He said open carry makes people afraid of weapons and doesn't advance Second-Amendment causes.
CC Industrial Complex at work...again.

That the right of every citizen to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property, or when lawfully summoned in aid of the civil power, shall not be questioned; but this shall not justify the wearing of concealed weapons.
Advocating for "permission carry" is anti-liberty...

Missouri is a OC state. What part of "...shall not be questioned" does Mr. Jamison Esq. not understand.

OC for ME

The problem with lawyers is that they're...well, lawyers. Can't live with them, can't live without them. Unfortunately most politicians are lawyers.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Kevin is not a fan of open carry, however, he is a huge firearms right supporter.

Now before you opt to argue it out, Kevin has defined in the past, he thinks it should be legal, he just doesn't think it is the best way to carry or push forward with gun rights in the state.

His position is more of one that says "It scares the anti's and the more you scare them, the more active they become fighting us" which is my paraphrasing exactly what he and I discussed a few years ago.

Opinions vary, mine is he is on our side but believes it to be a poor political strategy, he and I differ on that point.

OC for ME

The right to carry is guaranteed in our state constitution. No need to segregate the manner of carry in casual conversation. CC requires a permit, obviously, and everybody knows or should know this.

rightwinglibertarian

Wal-Mart customer called in the man with a gun inside the store because it scared them.

As a side not the article states in the video the the KC Mayor has introduced an ordinance banning OC in KC.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/armed-shopper-causes-concern-at-south-kc-walmart-store/27076962#!bjLwmt

This is an all-round total fail. The customer had clearly been indoctrinated with left-wing propaganda as was the other one who stated he would have called the police as well. For one Walmart corporate policy is to follow state law with regards to firearms meaning he can't be trespassed and the store manager wasn't allowed to request the customer take the firearm back to his vehicle. Second the KC Mayor is clearly ignorant of the new preemption and the ordinance is null and void before it's even passed.

rightwinglibertarian

What new preemption? You can't mean SB 656 which has been vetoed and is unlikely to be overridden. HMM am I missing something?

*head.wall* you have got to be kidding me :banghead: Being out in the country for awhile with erratic internet I tend to miss things. *sigh* Well i'm not surprised with how little effort is being made to enforce the Constitution by the people. You reap what you sow.