• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at LV airport baggage claim--clarification?

qednick

Hello my NV colleagues! I will be travelling from Texas to the great state of Nevada during Thanksgiving week (actually getting married in Vegas). Obviously, I'll be OC all the way once I get across the border into NM. The one thing I'm a little confused about is the airport carry thing...

I'll be picking up two family members from LAS airport and planned to OC. I'm reading several conflicting reports on the legality of this and just wanted clarification. I've seen reports that it's illegal to carry at all in the (non-secured) part of the airport... but I've also seen reports that that only applies to "concealed" carry and that OC is legal in the non-secured areas such as baggage claim.

I've seen a coule of posts on here from people who have OC'd there no issues but I wanted to just clarify the legality and whether those folks just got "lucky" not being harrassed? Obviously, I don't want to be having any legal issues two days before my wedding!

Thanks!

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Where are you seeing that it is illegal at all to carry?

OC is legal at the airport in the non-secured areas. No signs are required to prohibit concealing; that is specifically illegal by law.

Many of us have OC'd at the airport baggage claim and car rental areas.

qednick

Where are you seeing that it is illegal at all to carry?

OC is legal at the airport in the non-secured areas. No signs are required to prohibit concealing; that is specifically illegal by law.

Many of us have OC'd at the airport baggage claim and car rental areas.

Thanks MAC702! I can't recall the sites I saw that on as they were on my work computer yesterday (would have to check the browser history on it). I recall one was a lawyer web site. I guess it's an ambiguity issue...which is why I needed clarification... because as far as I'm concerned OC is good to go so long as it's not in the "secured" areas of the airport--but CC is a big no no--not that my TX CHL is recognized in NV anyway :-(