• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at Manchester Airport

p19768

imported post

Is it legal to OC outside of the security checkpoint at Manchester Airport? I'll be flying in next month. I've properly checked my firearm with the airlines before, but never when landing at Manchester.
Gary

MarkNH

State Researcher
imported post

Yes. It is legal and I have open carried in the airport a few times without getting hassled.

The only place carry is restricted by NH law is inside courthouses (see RSA 159:19 below). (Federal law restrictions still apply obviously.)

Also don't forget that you cannot open carry a loaded weapon in a vehicle unless you have a NH non-resident license or a CCW permit of a state recognized by NH (Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah, Wyoming). (see RSA 159:4 below).

I hope you enjoy your trip to NH.

Section 159:19 159:19 Courthouse Security. –
I. No person shall knowingly carry a loaded or unloaded pistol, revolver, or firearm or any other deadly weapon as defined in RSA 625:11, V, whether open or concealed or whether licensed or unlicensed, upon the person or within any of the person's possessions owned or within the person's control in a courtroom or area used by a court. Whoever violates the provisions of this paragraph shall be guilty of a class B felony.
II. Firearms may be secured at the entrance to a courthouse by courthouse security personnel.
III. For purposes of paragraph I, "area used by a court'' means:
(a) In a building dedicated exclusively to court use, the entire building exclusive of the area between the entrance and the courthouse security.
(b) In any other building which includes a court facility, courtrooms, jury assembly rooms, deliberation rooms, conference and interview rooms, the judge's chambers, other court staff facilities, holding facilities, and corridors, stairways, waiting areas, and elevators directly connecting these rooms and facilities.
IV. The provisions of this section shall not apply to marshals, sheriffs, deputy sheriffs, police or other duly appointed or elected law enforcement officers, bailiffs and court security officers, or persons with prior authorization of the court for the purpose of introducing weapons into evidence and as otherwise provided for in RSA 159:5.
V. It shall be an affirmative defense to any prosecution under paragraph I that there was no notice of the provisions of paragraph I posted in a conspicuous place at each public entrance to the court building.

Section 159:4 159:4 Carrying Without License. – No person shall carry a loaded pistol or revolver in any vehicle or concealed upon his person, except in his dwelling, house or place of business, without a valid license therefor as hereinafter provided. A loaded pistol or revolver shall include any pistol or revolver with a magazine, cylinder, chamber or clip in which there are loaded cartridges. Whoever violates the provisions of this section shall, for the first such offense, be guilty of a misdemeanor. For the second and for each subsequent violation of the provisions of this section, such person shall be guilty of a class B felony, provided such second or subsequent violation has occurred within 7 years of the previous conviction.

Hef

imported post

And just so you know, it's VERY easy to check in with a firearm at Manchester Airport. I went from the curb to the gate in less than 10 minutes. The ticket agents and TSA agents were very helpful and easy to deal with.

My only gripe was when the Delta baggage handlers left our bags, including my firearm, on the tarmac when they loaded the plane.

mvpel

imported post

Count your blessings - at JFK a baggage handler whipped around a corner so fast that three or four bags when flying out of the trailer and skidding across the wet concrete. They sat there in the drizzle for about five minutes before someone finally noticed them.

p19768

imported post

Thanx for the excellent info! Yes I have an AZ CCW. I moved from Nashua to AZ in 1984, but visit NH relatives twice a year. This timeI willbring my handgun.:celebrate