• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Cinimagic - Hooksett NH

nhoc

Hi Everyone,

I OC/CC just about everywhere anyway but after the Aurora shooting I was thinking of OCing to The Dark Night in Hooksett this weekend. I dont like the stigma associated with guns right now and feel like I want to increase the populations exposure to SAFE, RESPONSIBLE gun owners in light of this tragedy. What does everyone think? Is Hooksett far enough north to tollorate this? Typically I'd do it without even a thought (or incidence) but Aurora has be concerned about over reaction by police should someone call.

NHOC

Rottieman33

I live near Durham (UNH) and OC and have more people tell me there happy to see a person carrying a gun. Bringing a video camera to a movie would be worse than carrying a gun to one. In my mind if someone calls the police be a nice guy, not like the ass hats that give the police a hard time when they ask for I.D. I f you got nothing to hide what’s wrong with them checking you out.

Unoid

Hi Everyone,

I OC/CC just about everywhere anyway but after the Aurora shooting I was thinking of OCing to The Dark Night in Hooksett this weekend. I dont like the stigma associated with guns right now and feel like I want to increase the populations exposure to SAFE, RESPONSIBLE gun owners in light of this tragedy. What does everyone think? Is Hooksett far enough north to tollorate this? Typically I'd do it without even a thought (or incidence) but Aurora has be concerned about over reaction by police should someone call.

NHOC

I would CC but not OC to a theatre, it's always asking for trouble from sheep.

But if you want to OC I'd call ahead and ask the manager/owner if they'll allow it, mention how being armed is responsible and deters or at least provide some sort of protection against mass murderers.

goodluck.

Tactical9mm

There was an incident in New Haven, CT that went down fairly recently on the same subject as this. I'm not certain if the guy was CC'ing and accidentally exposed his pistol, or if he was OC'ing. There's a thread going on in the CT forum on this board with media links.

Cinemagic also has this up on their website now:

http://cinemagicmovies.com/news.asp

So because of that link, I would also recommend calling them first versus just showing up to buy a ticket while OC'ing. See what's cool with them and go from there. Worst case scenario is you CC, as the theater to my knowledge does not prohibit firearms. My interpretation of that cinemagic link is that they are asking me to CC in their theaters until things blow over with the massacre fallout.

Cheers.

Last edited:

zoom6zoom

I'd call ahead and ask the manager/owner if they'll allow it
Read many posts on this forum? It's general consensus that asking in advance will almost always guarantee the answer is NO.

I f you got nothing to hide what’s wrong with them checking you out.

I'm shaking my head. Being nice is one thing. Not standing on your legal rights is another.

nhoc

I live near Durham (UNH) and OC and have more people tell me there happy to see a person carrying a gun. Bringing a video camera to a movie would be worse than carrying a gun to one. In my mind if someone calls the police be a nice guy, not like the ass hats that give the police a hard time when they ask for I.D. I f you got nothing to hide what’s wrong with them checking you out.

Hmm.. I"ll always be polite and cordial to police even though, for the most part they do behave like uneducated animals when interacting with the tax payers and constitution they swore to protect. That being said, If the poice ARE called, I dont believe they have ANY legal reason to remove me from the theater unless they have probable cause. My fourth amendment rights still stand even after a mass shooting. They should not trample my rights and question my ownership and posession of a firearm anymore than they should question the guy with a softdrink as to where or not he paid for it. Thats the law. My question was with regard to whether or not the Hooksett Police (and likely State Police) will violate my civil liberties, interrupt my movie going experience, attempt to illegally disarm me and possiblely arrest me without cause.

If the police stop me to ask me a question about ANYTHING the default answer is 'am I being detained??'. If the answer is no, I'll be on my way. The only thing they can ask me for (unless driving a vehicle) is my verbal name and what town I live in. I have no legal obligation to furnish a firearms permit, drivers license or any other form of ID. Nor am I required to answer any of their questions. There is supposed to be a system of checks and balances in this country. Most people surrender their liberties as quickly as they can either to 'help' the police do their job or becuase they didn't even know they had them. Sorry, but I will not be making anything easier for them. I sure as hell know they dont make anything easier for me.

But if you want to OC I'd call ahead and ask the manager/owner if they'll allow it, mention how being armed is responsible and deters or at least provide some sort of protection against mass murderers.

Ugh... Wont be doing that either. Unless there is AMPLE signage on the building I have no obligation to make any attempts to be turned away until aproached on the property. Why would I call an ignorant manager scared to death of guns just to have him make up his own policy and tell me no?

If it's corporate policy, it will be posted.

My question was what do people thing the response would be by local / state police if they recieved a call? Living in NH, would they just send someone down code-1 to take a walk through the theater maybe try to ask a question or two or would they roll SWAT and lock the place down?

If it were our neighbors to the south, I know it'd be the latter. But being in NH and some of you possibly being NH LEOs, I'm wondering what the response attitude would be with a 'man with a gun'. Is he shooting or doing anything dangerous? 'NO!!!!! HE'S BUYING A TICKET TO A MOVIE!!!!'

Unoid

Hmm.. I"ll always be polite and cordial to police even though, for the most part they do behave like uneducated animals when interacting with the tax payers and constitution they swore to protect. That being said, If the poice ARE called, I dont believe they have ANY legal reason to remove me from the theater unless they have probable cause. My fourth amendment rights still stand even after a mass shooting. They should not trample my rights and question my ownership and posession of a firearm anymore than they should question the guy with a softdrink as to where or not he paid for it. Thats the law. My question was with regard to whether or not the Hooksett Police (and likely State Police) will violate my civil liberties, interrupt my movie going experience, attempt to illegally disarm me and possiblely arrest me without cause.

If the police stop me to ask me a question about ANYTHING the default answer is 'am I being detained??'. If the answer is no, I'll be on my way. The only thing they can ask me for (unless driving a vehicle) is my verbal name and what town I live in. I have no legal obligation to furnish a firearms permit, drivers license or any other form of ID. Nor am I required to answer any of their questions. There is supposed to be a system of checks and balances in this country. Most people surrender their liberties as quickly as they can either to 'help' the police do their job or becuase they didn't even know they had them. Sorry, but I will not be making anything easier for them. I sure as hell know they dont make anything easier for me.

Ugh... Wont be doing that either. Unless there is AMPLE signage on the building I have no obligation to make any attempts to be turned away until aproached on the property. Why would I call an ignorant manager scared to death of guns just to have him make up his own policy and tell me no?

If it's corporate policy, it will be posted.

My question was what do people thing the response would be by local / state police if they recieved a call? Living in NH, would they just send someone down code-1 to take a walk through the theater maybe try to ask a question or two or would they roll SWAT and lock the place down?

If it were our neighbors to the south, I know it'd be the latter. But being in NH and some of you possibly being NH LEOs, I'm wondering what the response attitude would be with a 'man with a gun'. Is he shooting or doing anything dangerous? 'NO!!!!! HE'S BUYING A TICKET TO A MOVIE!!!!'

I was referencing OC only to call ahead. If you got there even with no signs its likely at least one person would tell the manager / call cops.
let us know how it turns out :)

lfodnh

Hi Everyone,

NHOC

I know this is an old thread, but I'm curious what conclusion/results you came to.

I am considering CC at this exact same theater for the Star Wars premier. Will they search bags? If they find a permitted CC, will they still turn you away? Is it a "gun free zone"?

Thanks.

Tactical9mm

I know this is an old thread, but I'm curious what conclusion/results you came to.

I am considering CC at this exact same theater for the Star Wars premier. Will they search bags? If they find a permitted CC, will they still turn you away? Is it a "gun free zone"?

Thanks.

That theater is the only one I've been seeing films in for roughly five years. Their IMAX is a big selling point for me.

As far as I know (by what is posted on their website), there is no prohibition against firearms at that complex. I haven't seen any signs posted on their front doors either, so I would say no it isn't a "gun free zone".

I have never seen any employees search bags.

If you are planning on CC'ing there, you wouldn't be doing it correctly if they "find a licensed CC".

Cheers.