• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC fails again

WalkingWolf

Unfortunately there all too many prosecutors who are not rational and their sanity is questionable.

I honestly doubt there is any prosecutor that would take on a impossible to win case like emn describes. Nowhere in those pictures is the dumb arse terrorizing anyone, he is just stupid. But it appears that high IQ is not one of the prerequisites for a concealed license in Texas.

sudden valley gunner

I honestly doubt there is any prosecutor that would take on a impossible to win case like emn describes. Nowhere in those pictures is the dumb arse terrorizing anyone, he is just stupid. But it appears that high IQ is not one of the prerequisites for a concealed license in Texas.

I doubt that too, but the current state of the "justice" system has surprised me with the asinine things they do.

WalkingWolf

I doubt that too, but the current state of the "justice" system has surprised me with the asinine things they do.

The major driving force of any prosecutor is reputation(convictions) clearly in a case where handguns are not banned, and nobody was threatened. Just a picture taken in very poor taste, and very stupid, would ever get a chance of getting past a jury. I am amazed that he would post such foolishness even though he is known for it.

IMO he just wishes that the prosecutor would file charges because IMO he thinks the state should be arresting everybody for anything. In his state of wannabe cop he has similar emotions to some rogue police officers.

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

The major driving force of any prosecutor is reputation(convictions) clearly in a case where handguns are not banned, and nobody was threatened. Just a picture taken in very poor taste, and very stupid, would ever get a chance of getting past a jury. I am amazed that he would post such foolishness even though he is known for it.

IMO he just wishes that the prosecutor would file charges because IMO he thinks the state should be arresting everybody for anything. In his state of wannabe cop he has similar emotions to some rogue police officers.

LOL you're funny.

Actually I think he's a bloomberg plant, and if he is, I don't mind seeing him go to jail. A lot of people think laws only apply to little people, kind of like the seattle liberal talk show host years ago who said we should be forced to buy Heath care because we have to buy car insurance, then got an in accident, bought an insurance policy and tried to claim the accident on the insurance he bought after it...I can't remember his name.......

BUT I believe this man is a bloomberg plant who really wants stricter laws, so I say, let him experience some strict laws...

WalkingWolf

LOL you're funny.

Actually I think he's a bloomberg plant, and if he is, I don't mind seeing him go to jail. A lot of people think laws only apply to little people, kind of like the seattle liberal talk show host years ago who said we should be forced to buy Heath care because we have to buy car insurance, then got an in accident, bought an insurance policy and tried to claim the accident on the insurance he bought after it...I can't remember his name.......

BUT I believe this man is a bloomberg plant who really wants stricter laws, so I say, let him experience some strict laws...

Take your tinfoil hat off, and look in the mirror.

Fallschirjmäger

Oh, whoop-de.
Some kid, (and twenty-one meets that definition for me)
at Two in the morning, (and Momma always said, "Nothing Good Ever Happens After 2 A.M.)
wearing a non-defensive gun (.22 long rifle)
possibly unloaded (the two facts above in support)
in his belt (nothing said about it being holstered and who makes a holster for that anyway?)
gets his newest toy taken away.

This is as much an indictment that openly carrying being a failure as someone with a brand new Mustang GT being carjacked is an indictment against performance cars.

papa bear

there is a lot wrong with this story. a cheap .22. a very new carrier. out at 2am. i smell a rat

there is a story that a LEO was robbed the week before

I am just suspicious of it

WalkingWolf

Batousaii

... Well ...

I've always said that at some point it'll happen. At some point an OCer will have thier weapon stolen because it was accessable, or they'll be shot for their weapon for one reason or another, and at some point an OCer will be shot because they were the biggest threat to be eliminated first durring commission of a crime... at some point, those things will come to pass... and other negative events as well. It's the way of the world... all things shall come to pass (both good and bad).

.. Does this mean that we should stop OCing?? -- Hell no... Carry on, OC or CC as you see fit.

Does it 99.9% deter crime -- yes
Does it afford more comfortable carry ? -- Yes
Does it educate the public? -- Yes
Does OC have a full and distinct advantage over CC ? - No
Does CC have a full and distinct advantage over OC ? - No

Does carrying have WAY more protection benefits than not carrying?? -- YES!

So, the act of being a first responder is in fact a potentially dangerous one, it's a fact, a simple truth. We accept the potential to stand before harms way in an effort to protect ourselves, those we care about, for some that extends to the community, or even a complete stranger. These things should not deter anyone from Open Carrying (or concealing for that matter)... and the fact remains, that dedicated CC people have teir own set of concerning conditions to contend with: snagging on cloths, weapon not accessable due to environment (sitting, crowded against a wall etc.) slower draw times, etc. Neither is a perfect formula... and that "perfect formula" only comes with lots of practice and conditioning. and that "perfect formula".. well, just isnt ever really perfect. not for OC, or for CC... or for anything really.

My final thought is simple" Neither CC or OC carry a complete advantage, and carrying a gun takes responsibility, knowledge, and acceptance that we just might end up on the short end of someone elses (the bad guy's) barrel. It's an accepted risk, where the potential to defend our lives is outweighed by the potential to lose it for the sake of not having the tools to save it.... We carry to protect - period. OC or CC is inconsiquential at that point.

Last edited:

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
I remain absolutely dumbfounded that someone else gives a rat's patootie whether my holster is on the inside or outside of my pants.

Of course, I also remain absolutely dumbfounded that anyone else cares what 2 consenting adults do in their bedroom, or what kinds of health insurance I want to buy as long as the coverage represented is what is provided, etc.

Bernymac

It's odd that there are people who refuse to believe the "lame" stream media and yet willing to accept as fact every news from the same that fits their own narrative.

twoskinsonemanns

That guy was just extremely stupid. My guess is that the gun wasn't loaded as it is illegal in his town to carry a LOADED gun openly unless you have a concealed permission slip.

papa bear

That guy was just extremely stupid. My guess is that the gun wasn't loaded as it is illegal in his town to carry a LOADED gun openly unless you have a concealed permission slip.

That is a good question. what are the laws where this happened?

I am still suspicious of this

1245A Defender

Well,,,

That is a good question. what are the laws where this happened?

I am still suspicious of this

One report says he is a resident of Portland,,, an open carry banned city.
Another report say this Happened!!, at an address in Gresham,,, not a banned city.
Since he "just turned 21" it is unlikely that he had Any Permits, he would have to carry open.

As I have said before in other threads,
He was a fool,
This is a lie,
Do stupid things, with stupid people, at stupid times, at stupid places, Win stupid prizes!!!