• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Sunday Seattle Times

trevorthebusdriver

Unfortunately in the Rant & Rave column.
"RANT To the woman who felt it necessary to wear her holstered revolver in plain sight at a holiday-packed Bellevue Mall. I'm sure your felt you looked hot in your tight, all black outfit with knee-high boots and the gun at your hip hauling your husband and toddler son around, but the rest of us thought you looked like an insensitive clod as the children and parents watched you in fear."

sudden valley gunner

Unfortunately in the Rant & Rave column.
"RANT To the woman who felt it necessary to wear her holstered revolver in plain sight at a holiday-packed Bellevue Mall. I'm sure your felt you looked hot in your tight, all black outfit with knee-high boots and the gun at your hip hauling your husband and toddler son around, but the rest of us thought you looked like an insensitive clod as the children and parents watched you in fear."

So now that person is making assumptions for everyone else.

By the way the description does sound quite attractive.

Vitaeus

Heh, I love that the hoplophobe mentioned the husband and child the gun-nut was walking around with. How many folks intending ill ever bring their child with them??

EMNofSeattle

Heh, I love that the hoplophobe mentioned the husband and child the gun-nut was walking around with. How many folks intending ill ever bring their child with them??

I guess junior is supposed to help mama bear make everyone fearful..

Oh well though, expect anything different from the Seattle Times?

b0neZ

Hey now, if the child was young enough, maybe it was wearing a Tactical Assault High Capacity Diaper and maybe that was what the hoplophobe was really afraid of!

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
Damn, sounds like they should have posted a pic!

Probably authored by some tree-huggin', granola-eatin', horse-faced hag. Haters gonna hate.

Too bad the fool didn't understand the lesson of misplaced fear. Sounds like someone with projection issues.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Damn, sounds like they should have posted a pic!

Probably authored by some tree-huggin', granola-eatin', horse-faced hag. Haters gonna hate.

Too bad the fool didn't understand the lesson of misplaced fear. Sounds like someone with projection issues.

Had an encounter like this outside Trader Joes not too long ago, the guy kept saying how people feel not even man enough to cough up to his own feelings on the matter all though they were all too apparent.

I recorded part of that conversation. I asked him if people were afraid of a black man should he leave, he mentioned something about people not controlling their ethnicity, I told him that I am not talking about people controlling their ethnicity but their unreasonable fear.

SGTapone

why is it that the second a uniform comes into play people suddenly feel "at ease" when in reality the uniformed individual is more likely to draw their gun during a disturbance.

but a lady with her family is SCARY? hmmmm

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
why is it that the second a uniform comes into play people suddenly feel "at ease" when in reality the uniformed individual is more likely to draw their gun during a disturbance.

Conditioning by the State, by the media and by society. That conditioning evolves into serial misinformation and social bigotry.

LkWd_Don

Not only that, but just as a recent shoot-out in New York showed, all the injured innocent victims who happened to be in the vicinity when the Police had a shoot-out with a criminal, were in fact shot by Police Officers and not by the criminal. This is basically the case time and again across the country.

Making armed LEO's far more dangerous to unarmed citizens, then Armed LAC's are, and amed LEO's should cause greater fear among the general population then seeing openly armed citizens.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
This popped up on CL B'ham. He ranted a few times and went away.

open carry
Date: 2012-07-19, 7:47PM
old man you should quit flashing that pistol, I keep finding it harder and harder to risist sneaking up from behind and conking you on the head and taking it away from you. I noticed you died your hair and are walking a little more cautiosly, good idea
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Original URL: http://bellingham.craigslist.org/rnr/3150899010.html

LkWd_Don

sudden valley gunner

Conditioning by the State, by the media and by society. That conditioning evolves into serial misinformation and social bigotry.

Well said sir!

This popped up on CL B'ham. He ranted a few times and went away.

open carry
Date: 2012-07-19, 7:47PM
old man you should quit flashing that pistol, I keep finding it harder and harder to risist sneaking up from behind and conking you on the head and taking it away from you. I noticed you died your hair and are walking a little more cautiosly, good idea
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Original URL: http://bellingham.craigslist.org/rnr/3150899010.html

Some of the replies to that rant were priceless though, didn't one say something to the effect of "Stay the little b***h you are and live to see another day"?

Metalhead47

So now that person is making assumptions for everyone else.

By the way the description does sound quite attractive.

+1 if that description is even remotely accurate, fear ain't what I'D be feeling ...
eyebrows.gif