• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Wal-Mart

Saw a guy OC in our little Wal-Mart this morning. No little old ladies fainting, no one screaming he has a gun call the cops or any crap like that. No one seemed to even notice. I gave him the thumbs up, he smiled and returned the thumbs up.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
Saw a guy OC in our little Wal-Mart this morning. No little old ladies fainting, no one screaming he has a gun call the cops or any crap like that. No one seemed to even notice. I gave him the thumbs up, he smiled and returned the thumbs up.
Were you looking in a mirror?

Is OC that unusual where you are? You kind of make it sound that it was unusual but nobody got excited anyway. Then again I may be reading too much into it.

Wstar425

I do all the grocery shopping as my wife hates it, and well, I like to eat. OC when weather is nice, nobody notices, all busy with their list, phone, kids, whatnot. Kind of funny how you can walk two feet past someone and they have no idea there is a firearm. Part of it is how close quarters are, easier to see from a ways off. Kids and sitting people notice first. I bet I'm in WM for an hour and maybe 5 people notice. Maybe some I don't notice, but lots that don't have a clue.

OC is pretty rare around here, or maybe I'm not noticing either.....unusual but nobody gets excited pretty much covers it here.

KBCraig

New Hampshire isn't Missouri, but since the larger issue is Walmart...

I no longer OC for a purpose, I just stopped dressing to conceal. But when visiting my nearest Walmart yesterday, I was OCing. As we checked out, I glanced into the next lane and saw another fellow doing the same. It's simply not an issue here, despite the number of tourists we have from Massachusetts and Quebec.

OC for ME

Inside STL city and KCMO, maybe Columbia (will not go unless work demands it), I have yet to be notified that I have a pistol on my hip. I'm sure most cops notice, but folks who notice are typically more interested in my folding money or asking me debit or credit.

HPmatt

... but folks who notice are typically more interested in my folding money or asking me debit or credit.

A good number of the clerks here in Dallas probably notice, but I have not had them comment. It is not uncommon for them to say 'have a blessed day'. :)

Richieg150

A good number of the clerks here in Dallas probably notice, but I have not had them comment. It is not uncommon for them to say 'have a blessed day'. :)

I have had several clerks ask me WHAT I was carrying. Then tell me about their dad or someone they know who OC's and what they carry. The last negative I had was over a year ago at a hardware store..I was leaving the store and a elderly woman sitting in her car told me that ME wearing a gun didn't make her feel safe. I told her that state law and my right to defend my self and carry a firearm does not hinge on her feelings and if she really wanted to feel safe maybe she should stay home with all her doors and windows locked....have a great
day.

Last edited: