• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC MEETUP: Freemont Street Experience 13-14 August

What Night Works Best For You?

• Friday, August 13

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Saturday, August 14

Votes: 16 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

timf343

Campaign Veteran
I park at Golden Gate in the valet, but if it's busy, they can be full and not accepting cars unless you're staying at the hotel.

You can park at the Plaza for $5.00. California and Main Street Station both have free garages, but a little farther to walk. Main Street also has a surface lot, but requires validation.

Another good place to park is the public parking garage (fee charged) on 4th (take Las Vegas Blvd to Carson, west on Carson, north on 4th), though this does put you at the opposite end of Fremont. (0.3 mile walk to our meet point)

2upFZ1

Okay, people are really concerned with what to wear? I say as long as you have your weapon on you it doesn't really matter what you are wearing...long as youre comfortable
But what do I know?

:: shrugs ::

Of course, she IS a girl after all. She has to wear a uniform all week, so on weekends when we go out she likes to feel like a woman and dress up.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Really good turnout tonight, I got to meet new people, and the interview went well with Stuart. I think that it is an important step to get on the Oathkeepers website, as there are so many LEO's in there group, Stuart gave us a voice to combat all the negative things they have been told. Iam thrilled to be part of this crew. thanks to everyone.

Tophog

Decent turnout, no problems, but I expected and hoped for more, considering the responses leading up to it here and on nevadashooters.com
-
Random pics . . .

euq2yd.jpg

wlvfkl.jpg

axh9qt.jpg

a2upls.jpg

-
Hopefully we can get more participants for the next one.

paintsnow

Had a great time, nice seeing everyone again, and meeting new people as well.

Hey Las Vegan, did you manage to get home alright? We ran into your ride a bit after you went off to go find him :D
0_DSC_0311.jpg

Nevada carrier

Sorry I missed it guys, I was one of the people who voted for the meet yesterday, but couldn't get the night off. Is anyone down for a midweek meet for those of us who typically work over the weekends?

Las Vegan

Met at the north end of Fremont Street:
1.jpg

LV's Finest was there to make sure that we were safe from the tourists:
19.jpg

Las Vegan

About twenty or so folks from here and couple of other forums were there for a nice warm (and humid!) evening stroll:
17.jpg

24.jpg

23.jpg

Last edited:

Las Vegan

10.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

Hey Las Vegan, did you manage to get home alright? We ran into your ride a bit after you went off to go find him :D[/IMG]
Yeah, he looked a little too sober, so I got one of the girls dancing on the Frozen Margarita bar to give me a ride instead.

VegasGeorge

I had a great time at this event! Thanks for posting the pictures. Next time I'll get to carry my new Kimber Raptor II, can't wait!!! :)

Last edited:

28kfps

This was my first outing with the group. It was great to meet all the people. From a retired lawyer to a 19 year old young lady. Al open carrying, a very diverse, fun, friendly, and talkative group. Freemont was very crowed in places, shoulder to shoulder. Reactions were, some saying great seeing you open carrying. Other asking what is this all about when answered replied with an ok and left. We did have some taking the time to ask about the open carrying laws and we were able to do some public education. One lady in a group of two couples who was talking to us said she felt a lot safer seeing a group of civilians with guns.
As we meet up standing in somewhat of a large circle for about 30 minutes talking and introducing we were one of the Freemont Streets attraction. Several staring and taking pictures of the group. I saw one guy look at each gun and then checkout the person carrying it as if he was trying to see some common denominator. With no uniform, badges, several different firearms, holsters, dress, age, men, and woman. He appeared to finally realize we are civilians legally carrying guns.
As we started walking, I kind of stayed toward the back of the group and watched the people as we walked by. Because of it being so crowed many never noticed however, the people that did notice the firearms and if with someone would give them the elbow. Point at the person with the gun then all of the sudden they notice there is another person, holy cow there is another person with a gun, realizing in the immediate area everyone had a gun but them. Other than the looks, no one panic or made much of an effort to move away.
I noticed 5 metro walk right by us, there may have been more. Had a friendly chat with two of them. Carrying a gun at the Freemont Street experience never entered into the conversation. However, it was the first thing they noticed with a very quick glance, as they were approached.
Would it be correct to say that most on open carry.org and at the meets, the main mission is to promote a positive impression to open carry and by getting out helping the public and law enforcement to become more at ease with civilians legally open carrying? During the short conversation with metro, a person walked up to some of the group. He appeared to make an effort to turn our event into a metro bashing event by loudly calling metro scum or words to that effect, with no response, he said it a few more times, with no response from our group he left. I believe I heard someone say he was a regular poster on another site. I do not believe Metro heard him and he did not undue what we had gain. I am a little confused as to the thought process as to “Do not bother us as we are carrying legally “YOU NO GOOD FOR &^%##@@, LOWLIFE##$$%%###!!!” as we all know the gun laws are very confusing. If ending up in a situation with law enforcement on an unclear gun issue I believe one will want the LEO on their side.
Had a great time all positive hundreds of people just by walking by or talking to us had a firsthand experience of seeing several firearms in public and none of them jumped out of the holster and caused havoc.

2upFZ1

We had a great time also. We had more than one couple come up to us and ask if they could tag along becasue they felt more safe with us around.

Other than the concerts making Fremont St more difficult to navigate, and the heat, we had a great time and will be looking forward to the next night out.

Hopefully next time we will finish meeting everyone that came out.