• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC MEETUP: Freemont Street Experience 13-14 August

What Night Works Best For You?

• Friday, August 13

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Saturday, August 14

Votes: 16 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flagellum

All,

I know that after our last meet-up (which was a great Success Btw) we have had more people showing interest in doing OC walks.

OC walks have shown to be positive social experience for all involved, and have had a great effect on educating the public. As many of you know, we even scored some airtime with our last event. Anyone who has attended one of these events can certainly attest to these facts.

So here it is, OC at the Fremont Street experience. TFSE is a lot of fun, as there is live music, live entertainment, and it truly at the heart of the Vegas entertainment culture. It is family friendly(Well as far as Vegas goes :p), and fairly localized. For those that have issues walking long distances as we do in our Strip meetups, this should not be a problem.

We have two available dates, Friday 13 August; or Saturday 14 August. A poll has been made available so that all interested parties may vote. The Date is Set to Saturday. For the sake of this event, please post if you plan to attend as it would be great if we had a rough idea of how many people may attend. With the recent surge or interest, I hope this can become our biggest meet-up yet.

[size=+1]The time will be at 8:00 PM, Saturday 14 August.[/size]
The meeting spot with be near the stage Close to Main St. Image is Attached.

Feel free to PM for Phone Number.

Attachments

• meeting.jpg
    meeting.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:

28kfps

13 or 14 wow a weekend I might be able to make. Freemont is known for more of a local hang out keeping more of the impression on the local front.

Las Vegan

I voted for Saturday, but either day should be fine for me. Looking forward to another great meetup.

DavidS

Count me IN!! Also where does everyone park down town and where are we meeting up at?

2upFZ1

When Les & I go to Fremont St. and are meeting someone, we usually park at the Plaza, the parking is just on the other side of the bus station. That puts us at the start of Fremont and easy to meet people right there at the end.

flagellum

At this point I am going to set the date to Satuday.

As far as changing the time, I will look to see what we all want to do. Our last meetup went until 10 -11 PM if I recall, so any late-comers would not be excluded at all. I know we usually just BS for 30-35 minutes at the meeting place before we walk anywhere.

Also I don't know where we want to meet up, I'm thinking near the stage on the main street side.

Last edited:

Merlin

Danger Will Robinson!

I am interested in attending, but I have a concern that I haven't seen raised yet:

I believe the FSE is considered a City Park. I seem to recall that coming up when the Mayor etc was trying to give the 'Girls to your room' peddlers the boot. As I recall, it was originally designated a park as part of funding it, and it came back to bite the city in regards getting rid of the vagrants and such.

Wikipedia says " the FSE is considered a city park. [citation needed]".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fremont_Street_Experience

A quick search of the RJ found several comments to the same effect. So, with that said....

Last I had heard, the City was still maintaining their assertion that City Parks are off limits, despite SB92's passage. Has this changed? I have been out of the loop for awhile, did we ever hear a response from the AG's office? I know this was a topic for discussion a while back when we were considering a get-together at Sunset Park.

Just want to make sure this has been considered before I show up and get arrested (or worse). Otherwise, I am all for it. Jus' lemme get my gat!

flagellum

You know, I remember something like this comming up before. I find the thread I'll link it. I'm pretty sure that it was shown that it was not a problem. I know many of us have OC'ed there many times so I am 99% percent sure this will not be a problem.

Last edited:

LV_slaker

I will too be joining this meetup. I am new to this site thus this will be my first meetup and i am really looking forward to it.

timf343

Campaign Veteran