• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC on a motorcycle

brad a

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Maybe this has been answered in the past, but I'm new to the site and didn't see it listed recently. Is it, or is it not, legal to OC while on a motorcycle without a CCDW license. The statute states: KRS 527.020- "A deadly weapon shall not be deemed concealed on or about the person if it is located in a glove compartment, regularly installed in a motor vehicle by its manufacturer regardless of whether said compartment is locked, unlocked, or does not have a locking mechanism."

Now, I know that you can only carry a gun in the glove box while in a car, unless you have a CCDW. But where does that leave motorcyclist, since a motorcycle doesn't havea "glove compartment".

I am planning on obtaining my CCDW soon, but just wanted to know if I have to leave my gun at home untill then.

reefteach

imported post

I open carried on my motorcyle on the way to Memphis. I usuallyconceal an OWB holster under my jacket when riding, but there was a HUGE traffic jam on the freeway in hot weather, so I stored my jacket, but kept my right handed Bianchi with Taurus PT 145 while slowly rolling down the "fast" lane. Many people had to notice durring that hour of stop and go freeway travel. Honestly, it felt pretty good to be riding while OCing.

mike m

imported post

you can o.c. in plain sight in a vehicle also not just in glove box, seat dash board, just as long as it can be plainly seen