• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC

Boomer

imported post

I saw that someone else kinda asked this question, but didn't see that it was ever answered clearly. What defines a weapon as being carried open? What if you have a coat on - does the weapon/holster have to be on the outside of the coat etc?so, technically you would have to unholster each time you took your coat off/on?I did try and find this informaiton on the legislature pages, but couldn't see anything. Any help would be appreciated!

FogRider

imported post

It's mostly a common sense thing. As long as it is clearly visible and no attempt has been made to conceal, it's all good. So, yes, outside of your coat. I don't know why you would be re-holstering though, as you ought to be able to tuck your coat/shirt/jacket behind you gun or get a low riding holster. I am still trying to decide whether or not I will be getting a thigh holster or just concealing this winter.

b1ack5mith

imported post

to be "OPEN" you cant have a coat, jacket, shirt, or ANYTHING that impedes the visual of the weapon... people have to be able to see if when on your strong side... (but if your arm is in the way, its an OK... just no clothing in the way)