• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO Hampton Roads / Southside, Feb 2nd, 7pm @ Village Inn

darthmord

On Thursday, I talked with the good folks at Village Inn (Virginia Beach Blvd & Independence) and they told me Feb 2nd (Wednesday) would be a great day to host us. So great that we'd even get free pie because it's Wednesday.

To make it even better, one lady who always gives me great service has told me she'd be our server.

I intend on being there and if the kids are agreeable, to bring the whole lot of them (4 in total) with me.

The big question is... will **YOU** be there with us?

Yes Ed, I remember your chastisement (from the last time I set up a dinner) about asking if the day / time was good when it was a rhetorical question. You'll note I did NOT do that this time :p

Please RSVP with name & expected number of guests. I would like to give them a tentative head count a couple days prior.

I'll provide a running headcount every few posts or days as appropriate.

Thanks & I hope to see you there.

=====

Crunchy details...

Address:
313 Independence Blvd,
Virginia Beach, VA 23462

Directions: LINK

It's just north of the intersection of Virginia Beach Blvd and Independence. Right across the street from Pembroke & Sears.
=====

45acpForMe

Country Fried Steak & FREE Cherry Pie!!!

I will be there if I can. Right now it looks good but I will have to confirm as it gets closer.

So put 1 for probable.

MSC 45ACP

WAITaminute... FREE pie? Hmmmm... May need to reconsider. I think the kids would be ok on their own. Oldest one is 18 anyway. Sounds like a good night for TV dinners or frozen pizza. :)

45acpForMe

WAITaminute... FREE pie? Hmmmm... May need to reconsider. I think the kids would be ok on their own. Oldest one is 18 anyway. Sounds like a good night for TV dinners or frozen pizza. :)

Make sure their homework is done and order Domino's and give them a movie to watch. :)

If I go (depending on kids also) you are welcome to catch a ride with me.

darthmord

Name:....................Confirmed......Maybe
darthmord....................1...............4
ocholsteroc..................1...............0
45acpForMe.................0................1
MSC 45ACP..................0................1
Mechman.....................1................0
Bubba Ron....................2...............0

Total:.........................5................6

That's the tally so far. I'll know whether or not my kids are going closer to next Wednesday.

Zak Kee

I should be able to attend so count one more in, unless something crazy happens at work... Does anyone have these OC cards that I could acquire? I always hear about them but have never even seen one...

MSC 45ACP

2 of us...

I'll drop by ODU and pick up my Firstborn at that bastion of Liberal Thinking. She hates pizza, but I'm sure they'll have something she can eat.

Two of us are in...

Mechman

Looking forward to the outing!

Hey guys...

The date is almost here! I am looking forward to seeing some of you once again...always enjoy the conversation! We will certainly have much to discuss - with the Tuscon shooting and all the reaction to it!

Let's continue to keep those impacted by those tragic events in our thoughts and prayers!