• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCed into RedEye in Wausau, millennial microbrewery.

Wstar425

Go to Wausau about every third Monday to take my Mom out to lunch. She's 83 and drives but just to her bank, the PO and a grocery store. So we ran some errands, replaced her wiper blades, and bought her a plant for Mom's Day. My brother took her out of town for the weekend.

She has some allergies (mental) and will only eat at certain places where she has not had a bad experience yet. The RedEye is one of them. It's a microbrewery in downtown Wausau that uses locally grown meats and produce as much as possible. Popular with professional working people, yuppies, millenials, and such. Cheapest thing on the menu is a $13 burger. Everything rounded to even dollar amount.Not exactly my kind of place, but she likes it. They know her, she has a "table" and they treat her nice. Not unusual for the waiter to have a man bun and the required skinny jeans.

I've walked in concealed and taken off my jacket, but this is the first time I've walked in OC. Sig 226 so not a tiny gun. They probably recognize me, as being with her. Greeter saw it (I think) and made no signs. Waiter was super nice, and treated my Mother like her Mother. Place about half full. Got LOTS of looks, but nobody said anything. Left a $6 tip on a $24 bill. Burger was good, but not worth $13. Mom usually takes half of her chicken wrap home and makes two meals out of it. You do what you gotta do. No alcohol was consumed by either of us.

Last edited:

Wstar425

I suspect it is probably one of the most firearm unfriendly places that I would attempt to carry into.

Don't really know, just my feeling. Well dressed, Mom dressed for going out in 1980! I try to look and act (and behave) like this is normal, and I belong there as such.

Franky

Go to Wausau about every third Monday to take my Mom out to lunch. She's 83 and drives but just to her bank, the PO and a grocery store. So we ran some errands, replaced her wiper blades, and bought her a plant for Mom's Day. My brother took her out of town for the weekend.

She has some allergies (mental) and will only eat at certain places where she has not had a bad experience yet. The RedEye is one of them. It's a microbrewery in downtown Wausau that uses locally grown meats and produce as much as possible. Popular with professional working people, yuppies, millenials, and such. Cheapest thing on the menu is a $13 burger. Everything rounded to even dollar amount.Not exactly my kind of place, but she likes it. They know her, she has a "table" and they treat her nice. Not unusual for the waiter to have a man bun and the required skinny jeans.

I've walked in concealed and taken off my jacket, but this is the first time I've walked in OC. Sig 226 so not a tiny gun. They probably recognize me, as being with her. Greeter saw it (I think) and made no signs. Waiter was super nice, and treated my Mother like her Mother. Place about half full. Got LOTS of looks, but nobody said anything. Left a $6 tip on a $24 bill. Burger was good, but not worth $13. Mom usually takes half of her chicken wrap home and makes two meals out of it. You do what you gotta do. No alcohol was consumed by either of us.

A good portion of your post violates OCDO forum rule #8.

solus

A good portion of your post violates OCDO forum rule #8.

for those so inclined...

(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.

franky, it is a thread he started & posted in his state's sub forum regarding his recent OC experience.

which another WI posted their fashion statement and discussion on costs...

far as i can tell...he decided the topic ~ OC w/his darling mother which is directly related to forum topics and stuck with that theme?

ipse

Franky

So what does the information about her wiper blades, mental condition, allergies, restaurant prices and tips etc. have any relevance to a firearms forum?

solus

there just must be something in the WI air from the cheese that affects some citizen's sensibilities...

just gotta be the answer...

ipse

Wstar425

So, it's not about the dog?

Guess I didn't make it clear, OCed all those places while out and about.

There's no hate, except maybe from you to me. Our 27 year old son has a man bun and wears skinny jeans. I would not continue to go back if I had an issue with the place.

Why don't you just put me on ignore?

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

Good man!

Unfortunately I did not today. Today was spent indoors, doing the bed linen laundry as I do every Thursday, and finishing repairing the garage door opener.

Yesterday I was armed all day, six hours driving, shopping (Woodman's, the unnamed place), lunch with beer unarmed, at Bergstrom's dealership (no guns) having the BMW serviced.

With or Without skinny jeans?

Franky

OCed today feeding the birds, filling hummingbird feeders, and retrieving bags from vehicle when I OCed at Menards the other day. I will also OC when I travel down to my sister's house to pickup her mail later today and OC while mowing her lawn as the bear down there are quite frisky.

OCed yesterday at the grocery store and observed an elderly lady in a baggy dress glaring at me for perhaps OCing. OCed at Quiznos right after the elderly lady incident and continued to OC while eating my wonderful sandwich outside where I detected a person staring at my OC weapon but the person did not approach me or say anything. OCed driving my truck to the gas station and continued to OC while fueling and with no problems from anti OC persons.

Wstar425

Not bad for your first attempt.

However; you forgot to mention anything about being drunk, momma, prison, getting caught in the rain, or trains. You did mention trucks, so all hope is not lost. Room for improvement, I guess.

Thanks for reminding me to get the hummingbird feeders up!

countryclubjoe

Mine has been up for a couple of weeks and is well down from full. The hummingbird cock fights are frequent and entertaining. Meanwhile the hens hide in the sticker bush nearby until the males zoom off.

The seed feeder, in addition to tormenting the gray squirrels, has attracted exceptionally grosbeaks, that are always a pleasure. Other's have reported orioles but we don't put out sweets to attracted them.

At the dinner table we often comment, "Better'n TV!"

Clearly, the most interesting man in the world!

CCJ

Wstar425

Armed, now, as I write, dressed for mens' breakfast OC SOB until I put on my jacket.

Then the errand route; PO, bank, grocery, and home. I'll spend the day building bicycles, preparing for the intersection of warmer days to come.

ETA 1215: Bikes are done. Milady Wife's Green Gear Bike Friday is a 20"/20" folder and a snap. I had my ICE trike collapsed for traveling on the bike rack, and its seat and tube is about 8" off the ground. After restoring it to normal configuration I had little plastic gobbits to replace, bending, stooping, standing on my head 'til I'm ready to puke breakfast. The yacht club wants us to arrange some bike rides and routes. E-mail, peek at the news, lunch, nap. Wash, rinse, repeat. Life retired is good!

Let's try to stay on topic ok? The forum is about open carry. Remember rule #8? There was no mention in the the OP about bicycles. Your wife's bicycle is green? Why do you hate the color red?

Open carry stories from Wisconsin should look something like this:

I OCed today.

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

Ill donate 1000$ to the charity of chose, if old word salad open carries while wearing skinny jeans..

Video must be provided..

CCJ