• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCer Arrested in Fall River, MA for Assault D/W

Irish_Dave

This actually happened last month but I just heard about it and looked up the article. BTW I've been to this store before (not OCing) there are no signs anywhere regarding customers carrying firearms.

Man accused of threatening Fall River store clerk with guns arrested

A man armed with two loaded guns and dozens of rounds of ammunition was arrested Thursday after a confrontation with a convenience store clerk.

Thomas Rego, 47, of 706 King St., was arrested at 8:15 p.m. outside his home by Officer Dwaine Cabeceiras, who convinced Rego to surrender without incident, police said.

Cabeceiras and Officer Keith Strong went to King Street after a 55-year-old female clerk at Ameri-Store Citgo, 1362 S. Main St., called to complain that a man in a correctional officer’s uniform just threatened her.

“As they were responding to the store they got reports that he left in a brown Toyota Corolla,” said Police Lt. Roger LeFleur, the department spokesman. “We were provided with a license plate that came back to Mr. Rego. The officers are familiar with Mr. Rego and they went to King Street to meet him there.”

Rego was dressed in black fatigue pants, a black shirt with the letters DOC on the back and black boots. DOC is a common acronym for Department of Corrections.

He also wore a gun belt that contained a loaded Smith & Wesson .45-caliber pistol, a loaded Glock 9-mm pistol and four extra magazines for each pistol, LeFleur reported.
“He is not a member of any law enforcement agency or a correctional facility,” LeFleur said.

“He had a valid Class A license to carry,” LeFleur added. “That license was immediately revoked by Chief Daniel Racine.”

Rego was arrested and held overnight in jail pending arraignment Friday.

Cabeceiras applied for and received a search warrant for Rego’s home, police report.
Officers recovered six rifles, a shotgun, 1,500 rounds of ammunition and a .38-caliber pistol.

Police allege they also found Chinese throwing stars, a martial arts weapon that is illegal to own by anyone other than those in martial arts programs or as part of a collection.

The clerk told police that Rego walked into the store. When told the store did not serve armed people, he allegedly threatened to use both guns and then reached down to tap on the handles of the two pistols.

He is charged with assault with a deadly weapon, carrying a deadly weapon, possession of a deadly weapon and impersonating a law enforcement officer.

He was set for arraignment in District Court on Friday.

Bail was set at $2,500, but District Court Judge Gilbert Nadeau ordered Rego examined by court doctors to determine if he is competent to stand trial.

Rego is scheduled to return to court Wednesday for a hearing on competency.

Email Kevin P. O’Connor at koconnor@heraldnews.com.

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Can you post a link to the article? Sounds like there is information missing or this is easily one of the stupidest guys to ever OC.

Last edited:

MilProGuy

"He is not a member of any law enforcement agency or a correctional facility; LeFleur said."

Now, class, let's all say "mall ninja". :banana:

MKEgal

"He is charged with assault with a deadly weapon, carrying a deadly weapon, possession of a deadly weapon and impersonating a law enforcement officer."

Since he had a permission slip, I don't understand those 2 charges.

And unless he said he was a LEO, how do they get the last? Are we now not allowed to wear clothing w/ writing on it? Or clothes that look like what LEO wear? I think BDUs are comfortable.

The assault charge I completely understand, and if the video shows it's true he's in trouble.

aspenrebel

This actually happened last month but I just heard about it and looked up the article. BTW I've been to this store before (not OCing) there are no signs anywhere regarding customers carrying firearms.

Man accused of threatening Fall River store clerk with guns arrested

A man armed with two loaded guns and dozens of rounds of ammunition was arrested Thursday after a confrontation with a convenience store clerk.

Thomas Rego, 47, of 706 King St., was arrested at 8:15 p.m. outside his home by Officer Dwaine Cabeceiras, who convinced Rego to surrender without incident, police said.

Cabeceiras and Officer Keith Strong went to King Street after a 55-year-old female clerk at Ameri-Store Citgo, 1362 S. Main St., called to complain that a man in a correctional officer’s uniform just threatened her.

“As they were responding to the store they got reports that he left in a brown Toyota Corolla,” said Police Lt. Roger LeFleur, the department spokesman. “We were provided with a license plate that came back to Mr. Rego. The officers are familiar with Mr. Rego and they went to King Street to meet him there.”

Rego was dressed in black fatigue pants, a black shirt with the letters DOC on the back and black boots. DOC is a common acronym for Department of Corrections.

He also wore a gun belt that contained a loaded Smith & Wesson .45-caliber pistol, a loaded Glock 9-mm pistol and four extra magazines for each pistol, LeFleur reported.
“He is not a member of any law enforcement agency or a correctional facility,” LeFleur said.

“He had a valid Class A license to carry,” LeFleur added. “That license was immediately revoked by Chief Daniel Racine.”

Rego was arrested and held overnight in jail pending arraignment Friday.

Cabeceiras applied for and received a search warrant for Rego’s home, police report.
Officers recovered six rifles, a shotgun, 1,500 rounds of ammunition and a .38-caliber pistol.

Police allege they also found Chinese throwing stars, a martial arts weapon that is illegal to own by anyone other than those in martial arts programs or as part of a collection.

The clerk told police that Rego walked into the store. When told the store did not serve armed people, he allegedly threatened to use both guns and then reached down to tap on the handles of the two pistols.

He is charged with assault with a deadly weapon, carrying a deadly weapon, possession of a deadly weapon and impersonating a law enforcement officer.

He was set for arraignment in District Court on Friday.

Bail was set at $2,500, but District Court Judge Gilbert Nadeau ordered Rego examined by court doctors to determine if he is competent to stand trial.

Rego is scheduled to return to court Wednesday for a hearing on competency.

Email Kevin P. O’Connor at koconnor@heraldnews.com.

Now what the heck does this mean "a martial arts weapon that is illegal to own by anyone other than those in martial arts programs or as part of a collection."??? I'm a martial artist, and I'm not sure what this is talking about. "that is illegal to own by anyone other than...." Huh? Unless they talking about a "nunchakus"??? Which are mentioned in chapter 269 sec 10 (b). As well as a "manrikigusari". I dunno, I don't care.

Well, obviously this guy didn't just simply "open carry" in Fall River to get arrested.

M

McX

When told the store did not serve armed people

apparently some people get rather testy when they are discriminated against. i wonder though if this statement meant people armed with guns, or just people with arms.