• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCing in Lexington

Jake

imported post

Hello

I'm 20 turning 21 in 2008 andlive in lexington and travel to my folks house in lincoln often, usally caring a 7 inch hunting knife (in a belt case made for it) in open view seeing how it's considered a deadly weapon. As with those who live in lexington you know it's not the safest place. I'm looking at OCing a pistol my grandfather gave me and from http://opencarry.org/the minimun age to OC is 18. With the world growing less safe each year I'm seeing it more pratical to carry the pistol with all the shootings and people getting attacked. Any advice?

P.S. I've read over many fourms here and found them very useful thank you all for the advice and Info. I'd never ask a LEO anything on this matter as they would not give you a straight yes or no without putting thier own opinion in.

Jake

TrueBrit

imported post

Jake wrote:
Hello

I'm 20 turning 21 in 2008 andlive in lexington and travel to my folks house in lincoln often, usally caring a 7 inch hunting knife (in a belt case made for it) in open view seeing how it's considered a deadly weapon. As with those who live in lexington you know it's not the safest place. I'm looking at OCing a pistol my grandfather gave me and from http://opencarry.org/the minimun age to OC is 18. With the world growing less safe each year I'm seeing it more pratical to carry the pistol with all the shootings and people getting attacked. Any advice?

P.S. I've read over many fourms here and found them very useful thank you all for the advice and Info. I'd never ask a LEO anything on this matter as they would not give you a straight yes or no without putting thier own opinion in.

Jake

Just DO it, feller!

And welcome to OCDO!

Make sure that you look neat and tidy, nothing elaborate, behave normally, practice situational awareness, and do not fiddle with your gun or holster. You should be fine.

Best wishes,

TrueBrit.