• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

October 30th - Zion, IL - OPEN CARRY EVENT @ 1st Class Firearms

SAK

http://www.icarry.org/ftopict-3951.html

The event has been moved up the road a few miles because the response has been incredible and we needed more room!!!

Who: You and bring a friend or family members! Illinois AND Wisconsin citizens are welcome!!!

What: Open Carry Charity Fundraiser for Toys for Tots (bring NEW IN RETAIL PACKAGING toys for needy children if you can). Cookout - hotdogs hamburgers, brats. Meet and greet with local politicians like Lake County Sheriff Mark Curran, Joe Walsh for Congress, and others!!

When: Saturday October 30th 12:00 Noon to 4:00 PM.

Where:

Outdoorsman Sport Shop
221 Sheridan Road
Winthrop Harbor, IL 60096

http://maps.google.com/maps?num=10&...ocal_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBQQnwIwAA

A big thanks to the Outdoorsman crew for hosting this event!!! They are as excited as we are! 1st Open Carry event in Lake County!!!!

It is on the east side of Sheridan Road about 2 and a half miles north of Route 173. It's almost touching the Wisconsin border. Look for a large inflatable "BBQ" pig

Last edited:

TyGuy

The event is still going to happen, but it is going to be moved to a new location due to the large response. I'll ask Shaun to post the details ASAP.

SAK

Could someone with moderator powers PLEASE update the topic title for this thread. It is at Outdoorsman Sport Shop NOT 1st Class Firearms.

It's not too big of a deal, because they are on the same road just a few miles apart. But still - would be good to get that updated. Anyone who goes to the wrong location will be directed by signage to the correct location.

M

McX

Had a nice time at the event. Food was good, good to see the oppressed brothers in illinois exercising their rights, as afforded to them. Money collected went for a good cause. wanted to get some I-Carry t-shirts for the fam. but ran out of cash. maybe next event we attend south of the border!

TyGuy

Had a nice time at the event. Food was good, good to see the oppressed brothers in illinois exercising their rights, as afforded to them. Money collected went for a good cause. wanted to get some I-Carry t-shirts for the fam. but ran out of cash. maybe next event we attend south of the border!

Thanks for coming down. I go up to WI to OC normally, so it was nice to OC in my home state. Perhaps next time we'll be able to take credit cards for shirts.