• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Officer Goines should be charged with murder.

eye95

Officer Goines lied on an affidavit to gain a search warrant. That is a crime.

It is a predictable consequence that someone will die as a result of that crime who otherwise would not have died.

Someone did die as a result.

Officer Goines should be charged with murder.

eye95

Goines is the one who lied on the warrant application. The other officers may have been ignorant of the lie.

They would have to have done something else wrong.

Ghost1958

Not possible. We all know LEO 's are honorable, thrifty loyal and true. Pure as the driven snow.

eye95

I deal in facts.

It is a fact that Goines lied. He is a criminal. His behavior led—illegally—to deaths.

I do not have knowledge to make similar claims against the other officers, so I won’t.

I won’t paint all officers with the same broad brush. I hope no one paints us with a broad brush.

Ghost1958

I deal in facts.

It is a fact that Goines lied. He is a criminal. His behavior led—illegally—to deaths.

I do not have knowledge to make similar claims against the other officers, so I won’t.

I won’t paint all officers with the same broad brush. I hope no one paints us with a broad brush.

Just curious not argumentative, what would you say the odds would have been no drugs were found in the house after a bad no knock warrant at the wrong place because an officer lied , ended up killing innocents, would be?

Personally I'd venture the odds were 100 percent drugs would be "found " in that house.

eye95

I would cite two possible reasons to wonder whether it would be highly probable that drugs would be found:

Corrupt officers.

The victims were scum anyway.

Both possible. Neither proven.

OC for ME

Nowadays, any cop claiming ignorance should be required to make that an affirmative defense, in front of a jury.

Known or should have known must be the standard for cops. Ignorance is no defense...no? The burden is upon us to know the prior restraint gun laws as an example, else suffer the consequences. Cops too.

Ghost1958

I deal in facts.

The so called undercover cops that were said to have made heroine buys there before, knew they had not done so yet were in on the raid.

In any case all the involved officers knew they were violating the 4th Amendment participating in a no knock raid.

eye95

What facts do you have that the undercover officers did not make heroine buys there before?

If you have that, I will agree with you that they are complicit in the death.

OC for ME

The Harris County District Attorney's Office announced Wednesday it has launched a review of more than 1,400 criminal cases that narcotics officer Gerald Goines worked on during his 34-year career at the Houston Police Department. The review includes 27 cases that are currently pending in court.

1400 / 34 = 41 / 12 = 3.5 cases per month for 34 years. Goines is a real secretive guy. Not a single intimation in 34 years that there was any wrong doing by Goines...not once. A LEA full of Mizarus, Kikazarus, and Iwazarus....riiight.:rolleyes:

OC for ME

1400 / 34 = 41 / 12 = 3.5 cases per month for 34 years. Goines is a real secretive guy. Not a single intimation in 34 years that there was any wrong doing by Goines...not once. A LEA full of Mizarus, Kikazarus, and Iwazarus....riiight.:rolleyes:
Is there a statute of limitations on seeking a remedy for wrongs committed by the state upon a innocent citizen?
"Our duty is to see that justice is done in every case," Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg said. "Although the criminal investigation of Officer Goines is ongoing, we have an immediate ethical obligation to notify defendants and their lawyers in Goines' other cases to give them an opportunity to independently review any potential defenses."
34 years is a long time. Many ex-cops who worked with Goines could be of use in finding the facts, if they are still breathing...sorry, a rare moment of wishful thinking struck me. Another case, potentially, of irreparable harm by the state...as in un-repairable.

Ghost1958

What facts do you have that the undercover officers did not make heroine buys there before?

If you have that, I will agree with you that they are complicit in the death.

The news. I can read.

The fact that when asked after the fact NO UCO or CI had ever bought anything at that residence before or had even been there before. It was not even a place of interest.

eye95

The news. I can read.

The fact that when asked after the fact NO UCO or CI had ever bought anything at that residence before or had even been there before. It was not even a place of interest.

Then please share that news that you read.

So, again, what facts do you have that the undercover officers did not maker heroinebuys there before?

Again, If you produce those news stories, I will agree that those undercover officers are complicit in the death.

I saw nothing in the OP-linked article referencing those undercover officers.

If you don’t back up your assertions, I will assume it is just so much puffery. If you back up your assertions, you just might find me agreeing with you.

Ghost1958

Then please share that news that you read.

So, again, what facts do you have that the undercover officers did not maker heroinebuys there before?

Again, If you produce those news stories, I will agree that those undercover officers are complicit in the death.

I saw nothing in the OP-linked article referencing those undercover officers.

If you don’t back up your assertions, I will assume it is just so much puffery. If you back up your assertions, you just might find me agreeing with you.

Here's one. There are dozens. It's common knowledge.

I'm working off a cell phone with slow net speed. If you want more google it

eye95

I see no mention in the article at the corrected link of officers or detectives, other than Goines, making claims of having made other buys “there before”.

No. I won’t google it. You made an assertion of other undercover officers claiming to have made heroin buys “there before”. Back it up, or I will assume the assertion is puffery.

I won’t bother asking again for a citation that supports your assertion.

Ghost1958

I see no mention in the article at the corrected link of officers or detectives, other than Goines, making claims of having made other buys “there before”.

No. I won’t google it. You made an assertion of other undercover officers claiming to have made heroin buys “there before”. Back it up, or I will assume the assertion is puffery.

I won’t bother asking again for a citation that supports your assertion.

Please make up your mind what you want to say.

I never asserted anyone bought anything at that residence. Quite the opposite.

From my earlier post.

"The fact that when asked after the fact NO UCO or CI had ever bought anything at that residence before or had even been there before. It was not even a place of interest"

That is also what the news story o linked says, and every other news story since a day after the event.

Google it. Don't Google it.

I posted a working link. Read it or don't.

You got what I posted backwards so probably makes little difference if you read the news or not.