• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ohioans for Concealed Carry's Party in the Park

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Yeah, Chuck, blank you and the elk you rode in on! That's tellin' him, solus!
--snipped--
See Forum Rule #16:

NO FALSE ATTRIBUTIONS:
Editing quoted posts by another member to make it appear as if they said something other than what they intended will NOT be tolerated!

solus

snippp...

Why don't you go to our OFCC forums and have a look-see? Most of my colorful/candid/impolite contributions there (a low percentage of my total posts) were the result of frustration with the organization's Top Brass, who seldom take part in the forum. Ideas are formed to help improve gun rights, board green lights them behind the scenes, work is assigned and completed by the underlings, then submitted for final approval and further action. Oftentimes those last steps are not taken, and no explanation is ever offered. Plus, we haven't had an election of new board members in over a decade, and the bylaws were supposed to be updated eons ago.

But, for a volunteer organization, we often manage to all pull the wagon in the same direction a fair amount of times.

BrianD, can i have the last 45 minutes of my life back?

when any GRoots entity's leadership is mired in their own self worth and ignores 'change' (not change for the sake of change mind you) but forward moving change, the entity does and will stagnate leaving only the diehard(s) available to 'pull the wagon' and the over time it is no long volunteer effort but drudgery & tiresome. membership dwindles...

to have leadership continue operating in a shroud of secrecy or decision making only known to a few 'insiders' then not passed down to the commoners the factors for their decision so they know how to propose/frame future projects/operations/events is strictly a narrow minded power and control methodology to keep leadership believing they, and they alone, are needed cuz the commoners cannot be trusted to make the right decisions. duh, if you do not teach the commoners your perspective(s) they will consistently fail to meet leadership's expectations which bolsters leadership's ego.

the enterprise is doomed to fail even with heroic efforts from the diehards...leadership will not take any accountability for the failure since 'it wasn't their' fault the commoners kept making incorrect decisions.

however, leadership likes the ego building self proclaimed banner they can flash to one and all...i am the leader...

ipse

ps...i am not singling out OFCC, but your commentary indicated Buckeye's membership if dwindling, but also NCGR is a waste of time except for what Paul, the president wants to do. SCGR is non existant. and so forth

Brian D.

About 110 showed up on a rainy day. Enough food and door prizes for all. Six complete firearms and an AR lower receiver among them. Less political speakers than normal considering it's an election year. Legislative update given, about ten good and three bad bills all still in limbo, probably won't be dealt with until post-election, par for the course.