• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

okay gun folks...is this homeowner guilty or not guilty ??

solus

gentlemen, re read the article as the teen providing the narrative specifically states HE and other teens, while the German student 'normally' stayed in the vehicle while the group searched for booze.

further, don't you believe death, especially at the hands of an individual who already admitted what was stolen in the past was drugs, etc., is a little harsh for trespass activities? truly. even if he had his pockets full of thousands of dollars of homeowner's drug money, it is a tough sentence to be imposed.

i am more shocked the german youth would even imbibe our beer...ugghhhh.

the homeowner must not have his oars deep in the water if he would report to police...someone broke into my garage and stole my drugs and equipment...duh

ipse

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
further, don't you believe death, especially at the hands of an individual who already admitted what was stolen in the past was drugs, etc., is a little harsh for trespass activities? truly. even if he had his pockets full of thousands of dollars of homeowner's drug money, it is a tough sentence to be imposed.

It's not a "sentence" which was "imposed" in the cold light of day. (Although antis sure do love to talk that way.)

Most states don't impose a "death sentence" for attempted murder, either.

The simple fact is that you take your life in your own hands when you invade another's home, and there's nothing that can or should be done about that fact.

onus

The simple fact is that you take your life in your own hands when you invade another's home, and there's nothing that can or should be done about that fact.

Personally I don't think this shooting was justified BUT...I agree 100% with your statement.

When you invade another persons home you have to accept the consequences.

If you want to steal something go to a department store.

If you want to play Russian roulette, break into a home.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Personally I don't think this shooting was justified BUT...I agree 100% with your statement.

When you invade another persons home you have to accept the consequences.

If you want to steal something go to a department store.

If you want to play Russian roulette, break into a home.

Agreed 100%.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
In reply to OP, being Robbed is one thing,but, setting up a scenario to Entice = (Entrapment) a would be robber is a whole different story.

Sorry for all involved, verdict, homeowner Guilty of Murder.

The defense claims that there was no setup...

http://www.kpax.com/news/lawyer-kaarma-did-not-bait-17-year-old-intruder/

Ryan said that Kaarma did not lure anyone into the garage, as court records indicated. The statement said the family's garage door was open for ventilation because Kaarma and his partner were smoking cigarettes in the garage shortly before the shooting.

The statement also says the purse that police alleged to be "bait," was actually located in a dark corner of the unlit garage and not visible from the driveway.

Additionally, the would be robber said he and the dead student had been garage hopping and this was the 3rd or 4th garage they had been in that night.

I am not saying that the shooting is proper but this student sure is not the goody kid the media is making him out to be. The media is strictly behind the kid and has been from the onset, without getting comment from those involved. It will be quite a court case to watch.

Last edited:

onus

I am not saying that the shooting is proper but this student sure is not the goody kid the media is making him out to be. The media is strictly behind the kid and has been from the onset, without getting comment from those involved. It will be quite a court case to watch.

If this goes to trial I predict it becomes a national news story.

The antis are going to use it as evidence to ban guns.

I would think the trial has to be moved out of Missoula County and if that happens I predict they get a jury that is pretty sympathetic to homeowners and self defense.